Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

Dang.....How did these pics get on my Camera?

19 posts in this topic

Thanks Darren for a fun morning out! We put the measuring stick on it in the water and came up with 44 "ish" inches, close enough. Nice fish, fun fish, and a really nice release.

Fish came off a white bucktail...nothing special, just a white single blade Nug Tackle buck.

Fish came off a white bucktail...nothing special, just a white single blade Nug Tackle buck.

*gasp* not a double ten?!! *gasp* grin

Nice fish Chris!

JR: Thanks! No kidding! A single blade buck can still work! These Nug Tackle tails are cool, tied with a big cone of true bucktail, almost weedless........ fish like 'em.

Not a really big fish, but fun to be out with another FMer (dtro) for the morning who's an avid catfisherman and all around angler. Simply a fun morning and a nice fish to remember it by.

John: Leech was fun, saw a lot of fish, just no eaters. Of course, nice weather for fun usually doesn't mean fun for fins.

and I almost got to smile for the camera myself smile

that was until someone stole my follow wink

Kidding of course

Just seeing that first fish was enough to make it a great day.

I think that 44 is a bit conservative too, little closer to 45,

Here are a few recent catches....Ronnestrand sure know his stuff.

August_2008007.jpg

Luke's 51

August_2008006.jpg

Nice fish Chris. I sorta got the impression you switched to only fish with whiskers or big mouths!! smile I think that's my next move - I went 0-for 12 hours this weekend so I'm happy to see someone else did better!

Nice fish Justin! Looks like a great day out with Luke. The time is approaching to start seeing each other out in the north metro for sure!

Erik: Had a lot of fun this summer doing different stuff for sure, but now we're getting into the good stuff for 'skis! Still, I may have to make a couple sturgeon runs to the Croix to keep up the variety!

Fish are starting to turn on, been seeing way more active fish the last 3-4 times out. That night with Luke we caught those two and the other guy with us had a bigger fish on and it came unbuttoned. Saw about 10 more.

Sunday went out and a buddy had an upper 40's hooked up and acted like a stuck pig, making runs away from the boat then right at the boat, then came out of the water, tail danced and tossed his modified bionic bucktail. I had a low 40's take a nip, then chase on the 8 about 3 times taking 2 or 3 swipes before taking off. These cool nights should help. Finally after a season of frustration they seem to be hungry. We should try and get out one of these mornings.

I rarely fish in more than 8 feet of water. However my buddies fish on Sunday came right off a weed edge that was maybe 10 feet.

Now, CJAC, change that avatar already!!!! I think you look more appealing and reputable when you're holding a muskie when compared with other fishes grin