• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Huge problem with my new Mathews DXT!!!!!

ChrisT

Ya I remember getting my new Switchback a few years ago. I shot a fast High Country Extreme before. Only took a few shots with $9 arrows to realize you should never aim at the same spot twice. Try aiming at 12/3/6/9 o'clock on the bull. Unless you have money to burn that is.

Not only the bow, I trust you are a great shot, I just purchased my wife a new bow as a package deal and she has already stripped vanes and busted one of my nocks(last time I shoot first), the newer model bows are outstanding.

Keep flinging arrows, it is a rush to robin hood em' even at $9 a crack.

What specific arrows are you shooting? 270 @60# aint too shabby. BTW, how did the guys at AC treat you? I suppose extra nice seein you had some cash?! I bought my Switchback there 3 years ago and was a little disappointed they fit me into a 30" draw when it should have been a 29". Cost me $80 for a new cam.

Anyway...let's hear what you bolted on to it...

I'm not a mathews guy, but just some heads up for ya. Don't let the limbs bump anything when your on the way to your stand, or more so don't drop it out of your stand. The limb pockets or should I say absence of, are not a very rigid setup. Other than that pretty nice bows.

Ryan

Fishtrapgirls husband.

Lifetime warranty on matthews bows. Guess i dont know what that covers as far as wear and tear and who decides that.

But yes, it was very good service- hands down better than cabelas. I waited for 20 mins to get with a customer service guy to ask about stabilizers and broadheads and then the guy didnt know jack. Wound up buying G5 strikers and getting out of there, didnt have anything near the selection of bow cases i was looking for either. Wound up going back to st.cloud to archery country and sportsmans warehouse where i had no troubles finding plenty of very useful help!

Wound up buying an SKB case, it was 129$, but well worth the investment when your puttin a 1,200$ bow into it!

As for the bow itself, I shoot a whisker biscuit, and they said that slows it down a little bit, (maybe 7-8). Im shooting Beman ICS hunters 400gpi. Put a HHA site on it, the one pin with the option to put in a lense. Alpine archery softlock quiver. Its a pretty sweet setup, makes the old bow look pretty obsolete! Ohh ya, the guys at AC said the A-Bomb doinker is a pretty good stabilizer so i shot that a few times and really liked it, wound up gettin one of those on there too. Kinda an expensive day, but it'l be worth it when im postin pics of my 150-160" on here in a month or so wink

I wouldnt worry about bumping your limbs a bit. It's not like they will pop off or over the pivot.

Had a guy mention earlier that the Mathews weren't very fast. 270 out of a 60# is great plenty speed wise.

You'll hear a lot of issues from people that don't have a Mathews bow. Ignore them and enjoy!

As far as warranty goes Mathews has told us they will warranty the first dry fire on any bow we sell. They also cover pretty much everything under the sun without any problems.

Awesome. Christmas early! So, my only other question is did you shoot the competition before buying the DXT? I've been trying to stay out of the archery shops this year to avoid dropping another grand. I still like my Switchback and am confident with it, but all the bows just get better and better. Based on the luck I've had with mine, I'd be leaning towards another Mathews, but I'm sure I'd look around first. What sold you?

I never said it was a problem, I'm saying that lack of a pocket to me would seem like a problem.

And if it were a problem why would the dealer tell you? They want you to buy the bow. About the same as a used car salesman wants you to buy a car off their lot.

The limb comment is not backed up by facts, just me looking at the bow and thinking that the limb pockets are a bad design. THATS ALL!! My opinion.

Ryan