• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fun Facts on Baggie Dome replacement

Seating

Total: 42,000 56,000 (baseball)

Lower Deck Seats: 23,450 21,621

Private Suites: 60 115 (controlled by Vikings)

Group Party Suites: 12 1

Club Level Seats: 4,000 N/A

Upper Deck: 12,482 (smallest in MLB) 28,779

Disabled Seating: 820 190

Home Plate to First Row Spectator: 50 feet 58 feet

1st/3rd Base to First Row Spectator: 40 feet 55 feet

Lower/Club Seats Between 1st/3rd: +/- 12,037 6,679

Outfield Seats: +/- 6,748 18,594

Upper Level Seats: +/- 12,000 32,442

Seats with Obstructed Views: 0 1,392

Playing Dimensions

Left Field: 328 feet 343 feet

Left Field Power Alley: 371 feet 385 feet

Center Field: 402 feet 408 feet

Right Field Power Alley: 371 feet 367 feet

Right Field: 331 feet 327 feet

Field Dimensions:

Concourses

Main Concourse width: 44 feet, open to playing field 20 feet, closed to playing field

Upper Concourse width: 40 feet, open to playing field 20 feet, closed to playing field

Club Concourse width: 40 feet, open to playing field N/A

Public Restrooms

Total Restrooms: 34 16

Total Men's: 17 8

Total Women's: 17 8

So the band box once known as the Baggie Dome is getting smaller? Man are the dingers going to fly or what? Nice to see a ton more bathrooms though!

Windy

I for one am actually going to miss it. I lived in KC and sitting at an outdoor stadium IS a treat. Sometimes. I remember one series against the Tigers a friend and I went to a game, early April in KC, was 35 degrees at gametime. We sat in the upper deck and had an ice cold wind blowing in on us. That is going to be horrible here, both in april and october and I would be willing to bet you will see some games snowed out. Another thing is the very unique "Dome field" advantage that is being taken away. The Twins are so dominant in the 'dome and they will be losing that as well. They should have put a retractible roof on it, and I think it will be realized how bad of an idea it is very early on