• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First good fall

D4 Army

Dropped the bike yesterday. Slowed down to make a right turn and the bike kicked out sideways like I was on ice. Once it gripped the dry stuff again over i went. fortunatly wasn't going too fast. Only bent the clutch handle and my knee is a little sore. otherwise not too bad. Not sure what was on the road. it wasn't gravel. New section of pavement and it looked shiny on inspection. New learning experience.

Whats that old saying? "There are two kinds of riders, those that have been down, and those that are going down" In the last year I have had two close calls, one was a big oil slick on a curve from a vehicle that blew an oil cooler line, and the other was hitting a cinder block that fell off of a contractor truck in front of me. I managed to stay up both times, but needed a new tire after hitting the broken block. Oh...and a couple pair of new shorts! crazy

Glad you got yours out of the way wihtout too much injury or cost.

OOoo ouch, I've also done the same thing was making a left hand turn on a corner I took daily with my bike to work didn't see the sand patch on the road (there was a tree nursery right at that corner so lots of dirt/sand)and my race tires just gave out on me and down I went nothing too bad apart from a lil scratch on my wrist above my glove and a few bruises

HPIM1731WinCE.jpg

1448036776_l.jpg

Ride safe next season all