Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D4 Army

First good fall

10 posts in this topic

Dropped the bike yesterday. Slowed down to make a right turn and the bike kicked out sideways like I was on ice. Once it gripped the dry stuff again over i went. fortunatly wasn't going too fast. Only bent the clutch handle and my knee is a little sore. otherwise not too bad. Not sure what was on the road. it wasn't gravel. New section of pavement and it looked shiny on inspection. New learning experience.

Ouch!!! Good to hear you're ok and only minor damage to the bike.

Oil on the asphalt possibly????

I don't know very many people who ride that have not layed their bike down at least once. You are correct, it's a good learning experience.

Whats that old saying? "There are two kinds of riders, those that have been down, and those that are going down" In the last year I have had two close calls, one was a big oil slick on a curve from a vehicle that blew an oil cooler line, and the other was hitting a cinder block that fell off of a contractor truck in front of me. I managed to stay up both times, but needed a new tire after hitting the broken block. Oh...and a couple pair of new shorts! crazy

Glad you got yours out of the way wihtout too much injury or cost.

My route to work has new oil and pea gravel. I flinch like crazy on the corners.

My work parking lot has rubberized-tar stuff in the cracks. My bike gets squirrley when I lean on one, and I get flashbacks.

Ive been down twice. First time in a situation similar to yours and the second I had an intimate encounter with Bambi's mom.

Glad you are ok. Something like that comes up, and there aint much you can do about it. Replaced some shorts myself in the past!!

Glad your ok... I talked to a guy yesterday... He had his first good fall, I think he wins though.. He hit a deer while going about 55 mph... lucky to be alive I say.

My dad did that very thing near Typo creek a couple years ago. Picked the bike out of the ditch, rode it home, mom took him to the hospital, 2 weeks later he went home. Lucky to be alive.

Ouch, I layed my bike down going 35 the other day but luckily came out of it ok. Was the ground wet, or did you get a cross-walk (I find the that slick paint to be kinda hazardous if you are really leaning into a turn)?

OOoo ouch, I've also done the same thing was making a left hand turn on a corner I took daily with my bike to work didn't see the sand patch on the road (there was a tree nursery right at that corner so lots of dirt/sand)and my race tires just gave out on me and down I went nothing too bad apart from a lil scratch on my wrist above my glove and a few bruises

HPIM1731WinCE.jpg

1448036776_l.jpg

Ride safe next season all