• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rigging question.

Jordyn Kaufer

It really depends on the fish. I would start with 2-3' and work from there. I used to use a rig with a bobber stop and an egg sinker that way I could adjust the length as needed. I have been in a situation where one guy in the boat had a 5' and I had a 3' he was out fishing me 4 to 1 I moved mine to 5' and then it equaled out. I have had the same situation with hook color too. I had a red hook my partner had a blue hook and was out catching me. I was hard headed and figured that since most of the hook was covered with the bait it really did not matter. Well after watching him catch fish after fish I switched to blue and immediatly started catching fish. Keep asking questions and trying different things you will get there. As far as weight size I always started with the a 1/4 oz and moved to a bigger weight if I could not keep good bottom contact. In my opinion bottom contact is key. Good Fishing!!