• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some of my recent home painted lures.

Borch

Here's a few cranks that I've repainted to give a new lease on life after the manufacturer color was just not getting it done. The funky rainbow trout shallow floating Rattlin Rogue has already made up for lost time and has a 10 1/2 lb eye and several others to show for it's makeover. laugh

DSC00490.jpg

Nothing fancy and the patterns are meant to catch fish and not fisherman. wink

Nice work Borch. I do a little custom painting too although have never gone very far with it. Every year I plan to tackle it over the winter, but it seems like I forget about it as soon as I put the boat away. Poor planning I guess.

You must be mixing your own colors .... are you using an airbrush too?

I've been using an airbrush for most of the painting with a little free hand and spray can to boot.

As far as colors go yes I do mix a bit to get them right. Here's an overview in my blog about the process with a photo of some of the stuff I use to get it done.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/?cat=21

Mark those orange craws have been a tough buy this year. I refuse to drop $20 for a singe bait so this is my compromise. That an it's a very easy pattern to paint even if you only use a spray can to get it done as long as you can find the right orange.

Could be. I've checked in the winter before but I all depends on who else is looking to buy at that same time. This time of year is tough due to the lure's popularity for the Mille Lacs fall crank bite.

I asked this same question to a fellow member over the phone about two weeks ago. The response I got was dark nights (say new moon, or thick clouds.) All I know is that with the new moon last year on the pond at the time of the gtg, orange craw flat out worked!

By the way, the member I asked was Dave Weber.

Keep on checking. Like I mentioned to Borch. I paid $7.00 ea for sizes 10 & 12.

Jeff I need to be corrected I paid $9.00 for the 14's.

Did you do a search on husky jerk-baits. last year I found alot of "package items". If you find some with the orange, contact seller and ask if they would just sell them. Usually the did when I purchased.