Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Borch

Some of my recent home painted lures.

Here's a few cranks that I've repainted to give a new lease on life after the manufacturer color was just not getting it done. The funky rainbow trout shallow floating Rattlin Rogue has already made up for lost time and has a 10 1/2 lb eye and several others to show for it's makeover. laugh

DSC00490.jpg

Nothing fancy and the patterns are meant to catch fish and not fisherman. wink

Nice work Borch. I do a little custom painting too although have never gone very far with it. Every year I plan to tackle it over the winter, but it seems like I forget about it as soon as I put the boat away. Poor planning I guess.

You must be mixing your own colors .... are you using an airbrush too?

I've been using an airbrush for most of the painting with a little free hand and spray can to boot.

As far as colors go yes I do mix a bit to get them right. Here's an overview in my blog about the process with a photo of some of the stuff I use to get it done.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/?cat=21

Mark those orange craws have been a tough buy this year. I refuse to drop $20 for a singe bait so this is my compromise. That an it's a very easy pattern to paint even if you only use a spray can to get it done as long as you can find the right orange.

I bought them on line for no more that $7.00 ea. A picked up a few 10's, 12's & 14's.

I'll be in touch tomorrow. Interested in the Rainow trout color.

Could be. I've checked in the winter before but I all depends on who else is looking to buy at that same time. This time of year is tough due to the lure's popularity for the Mille Lacs fall crank bite.

I asked this same question to a fellow member over the phone about two weeks ago. The response I got was dark nights (say new moon, or thick clouds.) All I know is that with the new moon last year on the pond at the time of the gtg, orange craw flat out worked!

By the way, the member I asked was Dave Weber.

Dark nights they do well for me. When you're fishing full moon with little cloud cover the lures with flash, (Chrome, silver, rainbow...) tend to excel.

Just did some digging on hsolist, the cheapest price for those orange craw lures is $13....I did find a lot of floaters with an OC in it, so I think I'll be bidding on that soon...

Keep on checking. Like I mentioned to Borch. I paid $7.00 ea for sizes 10 & 12.

Jeff I need to be corrected I paid $9.00 for the 14's.

Did you do a search on husky jerk-baits. last year I found alot of "package items". If you find some with the orange, contact seller and ask if they would just sell them. Usually the did when I purchased.