Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle B

Softshell Sheep Ed

20 posts in this topic

So lastnight fishing I think Ed broke a new record by catching more Sheephead than Turtles on cut bait in one night!

He went 5 sheephead to only 2 softshell turtles.Which in most cases is the other way around! I think the name Sheep Ed is comming on strong!The only person that could ever pull off numbers like this on a regular basis.

So the Question is! Softshell Eddie or Sheep Ed? What do you think?

just so he don't look bad... He did manage a few cats in the mix...and helped get the boat into the water again!

I don't think anyone will top WWG's feat this year.

7 on live bullheads with one at 34"

Now that is where legends are born.

The sheep head were mixed some bigger some small. Turtles were mid-sized.

John does have some skills!The night I fished league with him he got 2 sheephead on Bullheads within and hr.

Yeah the boat... long story and even longer getting it back in!

We should stop boating on thursdays. Hasn't been working for either of us lately. The sheeps and turtles were average sized. Nothing like what I usually catch. wink

What happen Kyle I thought jet boats were made for that shallow water? grin

John'z got the mad sh33p skillz!

*sorry had to do it* laugh

Grant,

Give me a buzz when you get a chance. Still on for 6 tomorrow. I have plenty of bullies.

My cell was in my email signature. I can't get to my work email from home so email me at my screen name at hotmail if you need my number.

Quote:
Unequivocally.... Softshell Eddie

It just sounds Cooler!

I second the motion..

Quote:
What happen Kyle I thought jet boats were made for that shallow water?

Depends on what kind of "jet boat " you have grin

Seriously, seen the pics, glad no-one got hurt.

I also hear from a very reliable source that someone else from the BPCL is coming over to the dark side wink

Originally Posted By: Kyle B

What happen Kyle I thought jet boats were made for that shallow water? grin

They make the 4-2.5 inches just fine! Its the 1 inch of water that will get cha! Word on the street is 4 jet boats in the last Week have been beached. Its a mean scene!

Quote:
Unequivocally.... Softshell Eddie

It just sounds Cooler!

I second the motion..

Quote:
What happen Kyle I thought jet boats were made for that shallow water?

Depends on what kind of "jet boat " you have grin

Seriously, seen the pics, glad no-one got hurt.

I also hear from a very reliable source that someone else from the BPCL is coming over to the dark side wink

I wanted to take pics of the lastest incident, but was told to shut up and push. As for the pics of my situation.... um yeah. They are just fine on the camera. Sounds like the shore fishing thing might go down soon amongst some of us usual boaters.

I did take the big fisherman out to the lake today. We got into the green sheephead.

I did take the big fisherman out to the lake today. We got into the green sheephead.

New catfish bait!

Yep, I did the same, but we got into more of the green shad though whistle

Anyone notice the difference between a local lake boat launch and the ones down on the rivers? grin

I am sure on a league night with a local contest rolling it can get crazy, but those times are far and few between.

I can go on and on about what I encountered yesterday crazy, but what is the use. I wish all launches could be as easy, friendly and laid back as river launches are, even on the busy days (IMO).

yep, it's funny how you end up [PoorWordUsage]'ing for an extended time at the launch with people you've never met. Out of hundreds of times I've launched on the river the past few years, I can probably count on one hand the times I got frustrated.

Originally Posted By: ec30_06

New catfish bait!

whistle

ed, I went to put one of those sallys on the hook and it screamed at me and I felt bad and through it into the river. lol