• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lead replacement for bullets

BobT

Just curious. With the push to eliminate lead shot and lead lures, what are the implications of eliminating lead bullets for centerfire cartridges? Is there a suitable substitute that wouldn't require a barrel replacement? I'm assuming that our barrels wouldn't take it very well to use something harder.

Bob

I also use Barnes Triple Shock bullets. They are 100% copper and are very effective. Near 100% weight retention and no lead so no contamination problem. They aren't cheap but they work well in my Model 70 300WSM.

All copper bullets are fine for barrels. California has already banned lead bullets. I think it's just a matter of time before it is banned elsewhere including here. I haven't made the switch to the barnes bullet yet but I will soon.