Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jackpine Rob

McCain Hits a Grand Slam for Outdoorspeoples!!

430 posts in this topic

Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska is a hunter, fisher (she ICE FISHES!!) rides snowmobile, life member of the NRA, has her own plane.......

She is an absolutely a beautiful choice for the outdoors crowd. Someone who values the same things we do and has actual, life-long first-hand experience. What a refreshing choice. Rather than the phony photo-op hunting and fishing "trips" we are forced to endure every election cycle (remember Kerry's "can I buy me a huntin' license" goose trip?), we have a candidate who actually walks the walk.

I'm not a McCain guy - and had been strongly considering Bob Barr. This choice may change my mind. Having an outdoors person in the Veep role has a real nice feel to it. Unlike the urban cowboys we have been treated to in the past, looks like we have the real McCoy here.

Woohoo! This election just got interesting.

Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska is a hunter, fisher (she ICE FISHES!!) rides snowmobile, life member of the NRA, has her own plane.......

She is an absolutely a beautiful choice for the outdoors crowd. Someone who values the same things we do and has actual, life-long first-hand experience. What a refreshing choice. Rather than the phony photo-op hunting and fishing "trips" we are forced to endure every election cycle (remember Kerry's "can I buy me a huntin' license" goose trip?), we have a candidate who actually walks the walk.

I'm not a McCain guy - and had been strongly considering Bob Barr. This choice may change my mind. Having an outdoors person in the Veep role has a real nice feel to it. Unlike the urban cowboys we have been treated to in the past, looks like we have the real McCoy here.

Woohoo! This election just got interesting.

i cant wait for the photo ops of obama in camo going deer hunting

Maybe she can give Cheney some shooting lessons. smile Too bad he and GWB didn't spend more time in the field together.

Maybe she can give Cheney some shooting lessons. smile Too bad he and GWB didn't spend more time in the field together.

what cheney does is not what i call hunting. to me hunting is getting out into the woods and seeking game. not going to a club with released birds

C'mon Big Tom - you can do better than that!

Seriously, read her entire Wikipedia bio, Google some of the news stories out of Alaska about her exploits in rooting out corruption.

Pretty impressive.

I'm absolutely thrilled about this pick. Two very pro 2nd amendment, pro hunting, pro outdoors, versus 2 of the 3 most liberal senators in America.

this will help pull in the reagan democrats, such as my family, who dont care for GWB but dont support obama

seriously though, any one can point out the pros and cons of any candidate. but do you obama supporters really believe the American heartland, were national elections are won and lost, will vote obama over Mccain/Palin? without saying Bush over and over again, name why you believe obama/biden will carry the south, considering no democrat has gone to the WH without carrying at least 5-6 southern states in the last 50-60 years

ALASKA magazine did a great story on her after she got elected Governor.

Even though its true, I didn't think they needed to play up the "Our Governor is hotter than your Governor" though. She came off as a genuine person with some good common, political and business sense. Enough for a good article right there.

I wasn't super impressed with McCain before - still might not be - but aside from Pawlenty, this choice makes me happy.

I'm very excited about McCain's selection for VP. Let the games begin...

i agree. all three are DC insiders. getting at least one person on the scene who hasnt been tainted yet may be refreshing

Rob, you're right and I will. Sorry about my feeble attempt at humor. I'm still laughing at the Sportsman for Bush bumper stickers. That got us a lot.

Seriously though, while I would rather have an outdoor person in our government vs. a non-outdoors person, I would not at first glance be any more comfortable with her leading this nation due to her meager experience. City Council and Mayor of Nowheresville??? C'mon.

McCain's age and condition makes that a very real possibility. Thus my surprise at the choice. I think currying the female vote is definitely the number one reason behind the pick. I also think the experience attack on Obama just lost most of its teeth.

and will be hard for the dems to make that case on experience also.

but ok, clinton nor reagan had alot of experience but both were successful, popular presidents. experience is important. so if you see a candidate with lack of experience, you want to know what type of people he or she will surround themselves with to help them. and obama is going to have alot of problems as the election cycle heats up explaining to voters the people he chose, key word chose, to surround himself with

The experience attacks on Obama just lost "ALL" of its teeth!

In football this is what we call a "Hail Mary Pass"

Musky, i know you are an obama worshipper but there is that little problem called an election and campaign to deal with. darn, eh??

This will mute alot of arguments IMO.

Youth

Experience

Woman/Man

Good Ol Boys Club

A person from THE PEOPLE

Have you been smoking crack? or are you Delusional?

RLMAO....!

Yea, Joe Biden has noooooo experince at all.....RLMAO...LOL..

Originally Posted By: MUSKYMAN1011

Musky, i know you are an obama worshipper but there is that little problem called an election and campaign to deal with. darn, eh??

Right now I'm feeling GREAT about the election! darn eh ? ....LOL..

Rob, you're right and I will. Sorry about my feeble attempt at humor. I'm still laughing at the Sportsman for Bush bumper stickers. That got us a lot.

Seriously though, while I would rather have an outdoor person in our government vs. a non-outdoors person, I would not at first glance be any more comfortable with her leading this nation due to her meager experience. City Council and Mayor of Nowheresville??? C'mon.

McCain's age and condition makes that a very real possibility. Thus my surprise at the choice. I think currying the female vote is definitely the number one reason behind the pick. I also think the experience attack on Obama just lost most of its teeth.

You forgot Governor of Alaska..

Obama is done for now..

Originally Posted By: tacklejunkie

Have you been smoking crack? or are you Delusional?

RLMAO....!

Yea, Joe Biden has noooooo experince at all.....RLMAO...LOL..

musky, you are exactly the kind of hard core obama supporters i run into when you question their lord.

between the incoherent sentences that use bush's names at least 25 times, screaming Rush or Fox news, telling me how everything s&cks and wiping off their flying spit, i never do get a reason why obama would make a great CIC in an increasingly dangerous world

and if you read my sentence, it will be hard for either side to make the case on experience. the dems presidential choice and the repubs VP choice makes it a go around argument

unlike yourself, i dont have an emotional attachment to either candidate. my hopes and dreams are not wrapped up in a politician

Originally Posted By: tacklejunkie

Have you been smoking crack?

I'm pretty sure that was Obama.

FI

The problem with your analysis will become apparent as you learn more about Ms. Palin. Unlike Obama, Biden, and McCain, Palin actually has administrative experience. First as mayor (where she took names and kicked %$$) to the Governor's office, where she successfully went after, rooted out and got rid of corrupt members of HER OWN PARTY, she has shown that the tools are there.

I am struggling to come up with any another elected officials with the stones to take on their own party. Seems like most of them either circle the wagons to protect "their own" or try to sweep things under the carpet.

Guys, she fishes, ice fishes, and shoots moose.

I wouldn't call it a Grand Slam, Id call it a stikeout. Guess what? Pawlenty fishs, hunts..... o and he vetos every outdoor bill he can. WHOOOO HOOOO

Oh and Palin's husband works for the oil company. Should I be suprised?

OBAMA 08'