• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cool Nights

no_bod

gonna start checking the shallow stuff first and more often, will be looking at shallow rocks and shallow flats, sand, bullrushes - also gonna be using more agressive presentations - surface baits, burned bucktails, etc. gonna extend the spots a little and fish the surrounding areas from the pinpoint spots we fish in summer - fishing a good majority of the flats instead of just the points and fingers.

gonna fish alot of the same places that hold fish during summer and see fish show up on these spots that I haven't seen all year, big, clean ones. gonna keep an eye out for changing windows and weather conditions that could trigger a bite. gonna be ready for that big dumb one that eats at the very end of the cast or right by the boat. september is my happy month, can't wait.

unless it's bright and sunny (and even then most of the time) throw some surface baits up shallow - how shallow? start shallow and go shallower. i like the prop baits right now, i don't throw the WTDs much. slow it down after dark, keep the hooks sharp, and here's the one lesson I keep learning over and over - keep your eyes on your bait!

I'm finding the fish along the weedlines still near breaks towards deep water. I've had luck with WTD topwater baits with various speads, pauses & sizes. Or, I've had luck burning double bucktails along and over weedlines also near deep water. As the water cools a bit more (WBL was 69 on Saturday) into the mid and low 60's I'm planning on using the same presentations but will be looking to move in shallower (inside weedlines) towards shore. Even better yet will be to find rocky shorelines and cast in there. As sunrise/sunset comes in, the shallow bite is what I typically bank on being good. This ski's will be in there in search of walleye's moving in shallow to feed. Further on into Fall, I'll pull big crankbaits in 15 to 20 feet of water, again near weedlines or better yet, along rocky bottom.