• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are you cooking up over Labor Day weekend?

End of summer, looks like nice weather, what are you going to be cooking up over the weekend?

Sat I'm doing some beef shish-ka bobs on the grill (need to get it marinating tonight!) and Monday I'm doing a turkey breast that I bought on sale last spring, dug it out to thaw this morning. Will probably do something in foil to go with it, either potatoes and onions or cabbage.

What are you cooking up?

Oh, havin a little party at the house on Sunday and gonna grill up some chicken, steaks, chops, corn, shrooms and onions. If it from the grill this weekend, I don't know if I really want it. Unless it comes from the cooler and it has "Lite" written all over it.

Grilling steak butterflied and stuffed with mushrooms, onions, and some sort of high temp swiss cheese that doesn't melt off in the grilling process. Held together with toothpicks in a way that gives it a canoe shape.

We're gonna live it up big time (for us anyway) bought some 10oz lobster tails, 2lbs King crab legs, and a couple of t-bones, along with some home made chedder biscuits and a half dozen sweet corn, I tell ya, if that isn't livin I don't know what is! Oh yeah, forget to mention the ice cold High Lifes and Bud Lights!

Still cheaper than going out for an average meal!!

Looks like everbody ate well this weekend!!! As alwasy, nice pictures thirdeye! I'll have to try fish tacos sometime. Problem is that I don't catch enough fish to get to the 'exotic' recipes!!! Bryce, those 'canoes' sound good!!

We kept it simple. Walleye, perch and marinated chicken with some "heart attack" potatoes (3 cheeses, bacon etc) Did a simple beer batter with some Goose Island 312 beer, tasty, and added Panko Bread crumbs on about half the fish. Very tasty. I would highly recommend Panko Bread crumbs, expensive but tasty.

Windy

Friday morning we headed to Memory Lane in Gilbert for breakfast, then spent the afternoon doing some Geocaching in the area and back to camp for beer butt chicken, dressing and pineapple upside down cake (made in the Dutch Oven). Saturday we had breakfast burrito's and spent the day fishing and visiting with friends. Supper time came and it was Hobos, green beans and apple cobbler (made in the DO) with ice cream. Sunday morning started with "sticky buns" (made in the DO) and 2 different kinds of egg bake. We spent the afternoon 4-wheeling, both in the mine country and the ORV park and got back just in time for beef and chicken Sish-Ka-Bobs and cheesy potaoes (from the DO). Monday for our final meal it was thick sliced french toast and thick sliced bacon from pigs that I raised. By 1:00 we were all packed and saying goodbyes and headed home. What a great weekend, super weather and friends!!