Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Dem. Convention Obama Nailed it!

116 posts in this topic

I'm sure not everyone watched Obamas speech,It was as I thought, hard to beat the Clintons But he sure did!

For all who question how he'll get us out of all the problems and troubles,It was stated! Not just change as some here state but a list of repairs for a country going nowhere but down.

I look forward to hearing McCain,But I do believe he cant rouse the crowds as Obama & the Clintons,Heck can he even get the crowds?

I am voting Obama,but yet will listen to the opposing side,If its said everything in this country is OK I will turn the TV Off right there,For the well to do things may be OK,but I've heard some of them are starting to hurt also,However they have the means to ride out hard times,unlike people who work for less since 2000 if their even working!

I yet believe and even more after listening to Barrack The vote results will lean far to his side.

President Obama get used to it 2 terms I predict,He'll probably pull us out of this mess but its so deep,deeper than reagan's but that was resolved with unity and it will again.

I enjoyed the what some would call slams,But if its the truth how can it be a slam!

If McCain goes with Palin, it'll be Obama who in less than a month. Obama's 15 minutes are ticking.

It is really not that difficult to "Nail it" when preaching to the choir.

I'm sure you are ready to hand him the presidency now based on reaction to his convention speach but there is the little formality left called an election.

I know he converted me with that powerful speech!!

Ok, it is the internet so there aren't the verbal or non verbal cues and you didn't use any emoticons so I have to ask you sandman, are you being serious or sarcastic?

for a country going nowhere but down.

Come on, is it really that bad? Has the status of our economy improved or declined in recent months? I believe a report released yesterday indicated a 3.0+% growth. Also, talk is one thing but action is another. As soon as both of these two shut their mouth, the election is completed and one of them gets to work, then we'll see what happens. One thing's for sure; you can't drive a car, truck, 18-wheeler or boat on solely wind or solar power so Mr. Obama better take a look at his own tire pressure, check under the hood and go back to the drawing board on his energy policies.

I'm sure you are ready to hand him the presidency now based on reaction to his convention speach but there is the little formality left called an election.

Well preaching to a choir yes, but you can preach to a choir but if you don't know how to deliver a message it doesn't work. He is a very good public speaker and although very stoic and stone faced, he had a very powerful speech and he did nail it. It was quite the stage with the mock columns to mimic the stage where MLK gave his speech and his background.

So did he change my vote, well no one has secured my vote yet, however; I think he did change and help those on the fence a little last night...it's going to be interesting

democrats always start out with a big lead in the polls and then end up losing elections. it may shock the democrat party, but most americans are not "downtrodden." i've seen a poll were most americans are concerned about the economy but rate their own situation as good or satisfactory. same poll most people are paying their mortgage, most people have health insurance, unemployment is still relatively low.

obamas disciples want you to think that most americans are suffering when in reality that simply is not true. obama will go down to election defeat in the end as there is little stomach for his brand of expansionist government. and yes, i am well aware that government has grown more under GWB than any other pres since LBJ.

Actually, he was very impressive with his speech last night. He is one heck of a great speaker! Still would like him to talk more about how he will pay for all of his ideas, but the speech was excellent.

However, in no means do I think a speech translates into the ability to lead a country. Wait and see when the debates come on (Whatever happened to the good old debates back and forth with the candidates)

I'm sure not everyone watched Obamas speech,It was as I thought, hard to beat the Clintons But he sure did!

For all who question how he'll get us out of all the problems and troubles,It was stated! Not just change as some here state but a list of repairs for a country going nowhere but down.

I look forward to hearing McCain,But I do believe he cant rouse the crowds as Obama & the Clintons,Heck can he even get the crowds?

I am voting Obama,but yet will listen to the opposing side,If its said everything in this country is OK I will turn the TV Off right there,For the well to do things may be OK,but I've heard some of them are starting to hurt also,However they have the means to ride out hard times,unlike people who work for less since 2000 if their even working!

I yet believe and even more after listening to Barrack The vote results will lean far to his side.

President Obama get used to it 2 terms I predict,He'll probably pull us out of this mess but its so deep,deeper than reagan's but that was resolved with unity and it will again.

I enjoyed the what some would call slams,But if its the truth how can it be a slam!

this is why obama's supporters scare me more than any other candidate. they become star struck and consider the guy the coming of the Lord and above all scrutiny and critisisms when he is just a politician like the rest of them. the guy is having trouble uniting his own party. have you read what you typed? he is not a saviour but a politician from the dirty politics of chigaco

Actually, he was very impressive with his speech last night. He is one heck of a great speaker! Still would like him to talk more about how he will pay for all of his ideas, but the speech was excellent.

However, in no means do I think a speech translates into the ability to lead a country. Wait and see when the debates come on (Whatever happened to the good old debates back and forth with the candidates)

good speech with nothing but platitudes. not that they all dont do that. these conventions are just shows and he will get a bump in the polls and so will McCain next week. i dont condemn obama for being a politician, but his supporters dont think he is

Wait until McCain has had his turn to preach to his choir before deciding who the best preacher is.

I think I'll go with Biden's assessment, Obama's not ready.

Originally Posted By: walleye101

Well preaching to a choir yes, but you can preach to a choir but if you don't know how to deliver a message it doesn't work. He is a very good public speaker and although very stoic and stone faced, he had a very powerful speech and he did nail it. It was quite the stage with the mock columns to mimic the stage where MLK gave his speech and his background.

So did he change my vote, well no one has secured my vote yet, however; I think he did change and help those on the fence a little last night...it's going to be interesting

That is the whole point of "preaching to the choir". The message being delivered is the message they want to hear. Pretty simple.

It was quite a spectical. The build up, orchastated excitement, that is what these conventions are for. But your mention of "the mock columns to mimic the stage where MLK gave his speech" kind of sums whole up the production.

Wait until McCain has had his turn to preach to his choir before deciding who the best preacher is.

or more the debates. this election is looking more like 1988.

Obama is great at reading from a teleprompter. Once it gets shut off...I don't want to say he is like Bush, but he is pretty bad.

If McCain picks Palin, Obama is done.

It will take more than words to get my vote.

I was voting for Obama, and he lost my vote. He has not convinced me to give it back yet either....

Like him or not Barack nailed it !

and he is a GREAT SPEAKER!

It is VERY OBVIOUS to me the Republicans are scared silly!

there is a saying about people who get overconfident...obama's supporters forget that there is a little inconvenience called the election. early this year, i was going to sit this one out. but i will be voting for mccain. for one, he's not obama. second, i dont want one party to own it all

I watched his acceptance speech last night. I left with the thought that I saw a different Barack last night than I have throughout the rest of his campaign. I thought he was much more direct and less elusive, I thought he was much more confident, and I thought he did a good job of pointing out his goals. I also think he did a good job of throwing his jabs at his opposition without being the typical whiny candidate.

I have not felt that I could support his politics but I found that I agreed with a fair number of his statements and I was left with a different impression of Barack the man.

This will be an interesting campaign to come. I look forward to hearing from the other players.

Bob

He is slowly convincing me. I am really looking forward to some debates between these two. If Obama can communicate without the teleprompters as good as he has with them, McCain is done. Speaking of rhetoric...how many times is McCain going to say "terrorisim, 9/11, or national defense" in his speeches??????????

These speeches that any candidate or president does are just that.....speeches. They are written and reviewed time and time again by various experts before they're even given to the candidate or president for final redline and review.

It's been said a couple times already, but right now it's just preaching to the choir. I'm waiting for debates and hopefully some other open forum discussions to hear what each has to say. That will be more of a true test than reading off some speech.

How a candidate or president reacts and talks is very important. Especially to foreign leaders. Anybody can read a speech. It's not too hard to do. But to deal with real-time situations, that's a whole other deal.