• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

September challenge -- sunrise/sunset

Here's my September challenge entry.

Boreal forest bog, today, sunrise.

Canon 5D, Canon 17-40 f4L at 17mm, two images blended in photoshop, iso100. First image with evaluative metering metered off the sky, 1/8 at f16. Second image overexposed two stops using exposure compensation, 1/2 at f16. Tripod, remote shutter release, mirror lock-up.

2877360915_cbec48f192_o.jpg

What beautiful pictures this month! We have been traveling though Italy, Germany and France for the past 3 weeks, so I wasn't sure that I would post this month. Tonight is our last night here in Toulouse France, this is tonight's sunset from my sister's flat in Toulouse. I thought it was appropriate to include the airplane since we'll be leaving the Toulouse airport in the morning! It's been a fantastic trip - I will spend the next several weeks looking at photos and trying to remember where we've been and what we've seen.

Au Revoir, Toulouse!

IMG_5506.jpg

DonBo the only thing better than spending a night on the St. Croix is spending an evening on Rainy Lake! From Saturday night on Rainy Lake.

Slightly different take on the standard sunset shot. Mark IIN, manual mode, ISO400, 1/200s, f5.6.

383501178_3GaDa-XL.jpg

Jackie, you going to give us a fall color image from Germany in October? gringrin

I have some great Oktoberfest colors! Unfortunately they were taken in September, go figure! We got home this evening, so I'll need to find my colors closer to home.