• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cowgirls

sbro73

Atta boy John, and Bret, couldn't have said it better. Sounds to me like he's got some other ulterior motive or axe to grind. Otherwise if he's catching fish throwing other than D10's, more power to him, nobody's giving him a hard time. Fact is the baits are not the end all, but they work in a lot of different situations, and are especially effective at night. You'll have a hard time getting the pink and black big blade out of Hunter's hands at night. It's put a lot of fish in the boat this year, including his big one. Heck I'm going to get one for myself so I can catch one now and then!

ps: John, didn't call 'cause the fishing was a little slow

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was figuring that you guys were going to hit it big last weekend, that fishing I guess. Give me a call thurs or Fri if you guys are comming up. We are on some fish but it has been tough getting them to eat. It's a total switch from 2 weeks ago when we didn't see hardly any but caught a bunch. hmm, maybe it's back to normal now I guess.

I don't think anyone; including Lucy is questioning whether or not they work. It's just that sometimes it seems that some people get stuck with the belief that it's the only lure in the world that will catch big muskies. There have been a lot of muskies caught over the years on a lot of different baits before the double-10 craze, and other baits still produce as well. I have only been muskie fishing for about 1 1/2 years, so take this for what it's worth, but I would say I have probably spent more time throwing a DCG than any other bait, but I have been starting to throw it less, as other baits have moved many more fish for me. Maybe it's a result of some fish being conditioned to these lures, maybe not, but I know that I will use anything and everything in my box to try to catch fish. Sometimes it may be a DCG, sometimes not.

Well yesterday was the first day someone i know got a fish on one of these cowgirls and yes he said the fish was hooked deep.

They got the hook out. But if these fish are getting hooked deep is A the lure is big but travels slow in the water even if you reel fast the cowgirl is moving slow so it gives the fish time to inhale it or B The MUSKIE just loves them cowgirls keep throwin them cowgrils.

Heading out tonight up here in NW WI. I will be trying a llungen DC11 gold hammered blades with gold body. I also have a black and red DCG. The DCG has been my best bait this year and got me hooked up with a 45+ last weekend but i couldnt get it into the boat... Anybody have experience with the Llungen Lures?

Later,

Ryan

Quote:
But if these fish are getting hooked deep is A the lure is big but travels slow in the water even if

cjac had a thinking day one day, uh oh, and was saying something about a boat prop and size vs force and speed it makes the boat go and how much those big blades push. i'd lean toward the speed of the lure vs the speed it looks like it's going to a fish and it just gets over zealous? or the amount of water being pushed behind is probably felt by the fish at the last instant and blows their mouth wide open and it just goes all the way in? grin nahhh, i'd lean toward the speed vs appearance theory. another thought... when a fish is about to grab it all that resistance created by the blades is suddenly gone and just goes in easier than it thought? who knows, but at least they work good.