• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cowgirls

sbro73

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most any musky tackle shop worth thier stuff will carry Eagletails. Thorne Bros has them, even has custom colored ones, Rollie and Helen's also carries them. Of Course Reed's carries them, but what don't they carry? smile

Rebel.......you stick with your Pink lures. We had this discussion up at Operation Muskie and pink has put many a fish in the boat for the guys this year and in the past. Just ask Lund95 bout that!

This has just been a hard year on a lot of lakes and or a lot of guys.

8-Ball... Yes, you can find them at Thorne Bros... In fact, I was at their HSOforum yesterday... its in the "bucktail" cagetory under "Eagletail"... They also carry some TB custom colors (4 or 5 if I recall)...

Bret... Yeah I know muskie fishing this year is whole lot harder than last year... but at least, putting it into perspective, it'll encourage me to be more diverse when it comes to lures... just other day, I realized that I dont have enough jerkbaits and gliders... I definitely am not giving my pink lures up... but then again, its not doing me any good to have over 100 lures... and only one has caught a muskie... what will it do for my reputation grin

My bad luck also has prompted me to start thinking more about downsizing... BIG works... just when the fishes wants it BIG... or maybe to save frustration, I can just not worry about fishing til Sept 1st every year... my own personal "season opener" grin

Rinc... having a pink can be a lifesaver... you could check out Gerry's Girls... I have quite a few made by him... Ole Matty and I have fished those... and one thing we could agree on is how EASY it is to get the blades to turn... when compared to Cowgirls... and you'd save couple bucks there too... He also makes Gerry's Kids (Double Showgirls)... and I love them...

Reb---good call on the Gerry's Girls. Frank Walsh sells them out of his resort and we bought a few for all the vet for Operation Muskie. Loved them and needless to say they caught a few of the muskies that week. The Booty Tails are another awesome choice. All the big blades work........

Smaller.....this is the time of year when I throw nothing but BIG! I have a 12" Bobbie that only comes out after Labor day and all my other jerkbaits. Stay big!!!!

Speaking of big lures this time of year.... Earlier last week I was throwing Weagles, the big ones (9 inches i beleive) and while I didn't land any muskies on it, I did hook into a hammer handle pike that couldn't have been bigger than just 20 inchs, and of all things a 18" largemouth slammed it. Crazy at how hard that bucketmouth hit that bait.

Bret... I first heard about Gerry and his "Girls" over at other muskie forum and emailed him about it... Any color (that is possible) can be done... and the fact that for the price of approx 4 DCGs, you can get 5-7 of the same, if not better, thing from Gerry...

I was talking about during the months of June to August... not the fall... It seems like I'm constantly stuck on "FALL" mode, whereas I should've learned to switch to "SUMMER" mode... thats what I mean when I was talking about downsizing... thats also why I said I should have Sept 1st as my "season opener"... meaning I dont go fishing for them at all thru the summer til Sept 1st comes around... just kidding... Im basically a rookie... Im still learning whole lot... One of those days you NEED to take me out and teach me some grin

Reb,

Fall signals the onset of season #2 for me, but I'm not programmed to follow the big lure trend just yet. Downsizing in the Fall can still work too, especially the next few weeks in the transition mode.

Little bucks are not to be shelved just yet....especially in skinny water. Same for cranks and jerkbaits, think about how many 'skis are caught in the Fall by walleye anglers....don't go exclusively Jumbo just yet.....

Good points CJAC! Guess i never thought about it as I really havne't fish that much "skinny" water in the fall period. I will give the smaller bucks a try, say for instance, a Blue Fox Muskybuck with #5 or #6 blade? I do know that one the forage starts moving up onto the breaks, the little guys get put away for good and only the big boys go on the leader to catch the big girlz!!!

lucy1205

There is a "For Sale" forum above if you have lures of interest to sell. Please feel free to use it to sell your used muskie gear.

Outside of that, please keep your posts directed towards the topic at hand.

Regards,

Chris

dude give up with the pink lures alredy, because of your rants about pink i wouldent use that color if i was a life or death situation that would save me by using pink. good god the dc10, 13 , bung man double cowwgirls are as so overrated.

I agree 100% on both of your Statements Lucy1205

i do have a pink humper i'm pretty fond of, the pink booty got ripped to shreds in short order too, good color in low light.

yeah, i still make fun of guys throwing pink baits when i see them, just because it's fun. gotta throw what you got confidence in though, rebel. know a few guys on the pond that are pretty fond of pink.

Quote:
Just came off Harriet, throwing "Cowgirls" all day, just one follow!!! What is your favorite color and why ??? Boy is my arm is tired !!!

All the colors are good. You should throw whatever gives you confidence because after a few hours of throwing them, you'll need it.

I mostly throw DCG's at night. That is if I think it is a good situation. Slowwwwww. This year I like many others have gone back to smaller bucktails durring the day when speed kills. . I see just as many fish and just as big of fish as I did on the DCG's. Great bait none the less.

BTW, Lucy, please keep your comments geared towards the topic at hand. This is a place where real fisherman come to discuss what they love and take it seriously because they want to learn form other anglers.

I ve caught of good amount fish on dcg and silli girls. My progression in colors is day time- white/silver, gold or bronze, blue silver. Sunset/ low light- blue silver, red red, pink pink. Night- black silver, black silver, oh and black silver.

Art... Cowgirls can be found at most, if not all, retailers... but I'd suggest that you look at Thorne Bros or Musky Tackle Online... Both have excellent pricing... but if you rather other stores, Rollie & Helen's carries them including several customs not found anywhere else...

Russell... email me at [email protected] for more info... as far as I know... Gerry doesnt have a HSOforum... you'll be dealing with him via emails... Hes absolutely a go-to guy...