• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tightening Boat Seats?

CatManLee

Question

I have searched high and low for an answer to this question with no luck at all, so I figured maybe someone here could help me out???

First off my boat is a 2002 Crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk. The seats are what came with the boat new, which I believe are called "Centric" seats, or at least they look the same? The problem I have is the backs on two of the seats are tilting back a little more than they used to. I can also hear something (nut/screw) bouncing around in the back of one seat. Is there any way of getting at the nuts/bolts/screws to tighten things back up? The seats have what look like plugs covering the screws or bolts, but I haven't tried to pull them off yet to see...I don't want to mutilate my seats if that's not what they are.

Soooo...does anyone have these same seats w/ the same issues, and did you fix 'em or just let 'em be? Anyone have any experience at all? If you do please let me know.

Thanks...

FYI, The seats aren't that bad, it's just they are noticeable to me...I can live with them if there isn't anyway of fixing them, just wondering if it was possible to tighten 'em up a little?

5 answers to this question

sounds like the seats may be done..just replaced one seat on my lund..same problem it was leaning way to far back..the original wood was rotted and no chance of tightening them up so replaced it with a seat as close as i could..sounds like yours maybe the same way..if they are leaning to far back..

As far as the plastic crestliner seats, I think you are done.

With the lund seats you can take out the staples on the bottom, remove the pedestal plate and just copy the plywood section and cut out a new one.

Put the pedestal plate on the new plywood and rescrew and staple the fabic on the seat to it and you are done.

We replaced a few seat bottoms this summer and they were simple.

The seats only tilt back an inch or so farther than what they are supposed to...so I wouldn't consider them done just yet! Thanks guys, I kinda figured this was gonna be the answer I'd get. Oh well, I'll just have to learn to live with them I guess...With how much new seats "like these" cost, I'll make due!!!!

Again thanks anyways.