• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AC DC

ocf1

yea ticket master sucks but 90 doller tickets aint nothin, the stones charge like 180 theese days.

I wouldn't pay $15 to see the Stones. One of many bands that shoulda hung it up a very long time ago. At least AC/DC still puts out decent stuff, the Stones- not so much.

yea i agree. i woulda gave everything i had to see the stones in the early seventies or late 60's but there just to old now. Id prolly go see em just for the heck of it cause theres more to life then money but i still agree there way to old. I also agree that AC/DC is still capable of putting on a good show even though i heard the stiff upper lip tour was kinda lame much like the album.

Who's stoked for the concert tonight!

Bloody Mary's are starting in a couple hours during the Vikes game, then we're off to downtown St Paul. Hang out in Alaries or the Liffy for a couple hours before the show.

I have yet to hear of an opening band. Hopefully there isn't one so it will be AC/DC for the full 2 1/2- 3 hours.

Apparently everyone else was lucky enough to get out ice fishing. We had a great time at the show.

Apparently everyone else going to the concert had the same idea to stop in at a pub beforehand. Every bar within 4 blocks from the "X" was packed by 4:30pm, concert didn't start until 7:15 and that was just the warmup band ("The Answer" was their name).

First song was "Rock N Roll Train" which was pretty cool, followed up by "[PoorWordUsage] Ain't A Bad Place to Be", first time I've heard that song played live. 5 songs off the new album, which I thought was a bit over the top.

In no specific order (because I couldn't keep track):

Back in Black

You Shook Me All Night Long

Hells Bells

Thunderstruck

The Jack

Shoot To Thrill

Whole Lot Of Rosie

Let There Be Rock (best song of the show)

Dirty Deeds

TNT

Other songs from the new album:

Black Ice

War Machine

Big Jack

Anything Goes

Encore:

Highyway To [PoorWordUsage]

For Those About To Rock

Maybe I missed a song or 2, but you get the jist of it.

Angus has aged 25 years since I've seen him last (10 years ago). It took him 4 songs to lose his hat, previous shows that hat is off within 25 seconds. Brian Johnson's voice was flawless, as was the rest of the band. Music sounded better than ever. Angus just wasn't moving like he normally would. Most of his show was spent in the center of the stage instead of running nonstop from end-to-end. I miss the younger Angus running around non stop. Nobody's getting any younger though, especially the ones living the "rock star" lifestyle...

All in all - great show. We've got club seat tickets to the January show too, but it's not looking like we'll be able to attend. Lots of time to let that pan out though. CHEERS!

Oh man, that show was awesome. The entrance video and song was top notch.

I heard they had a new Rosie (which was my favorite song), and they did not disappoint. You haven't seen anything until you have seen a 40 foot+ inflatable prostitute straddling a locomotive! Trust me!

We were in the second row of the top deck and my ears are still ringing a little bit.

DD

Oh yeah, I even thought The Answer was a great opening act.

You haven't seen anything until you have seen a 40 foot+ inflatable prostitute straddling a locomotive!

We were up on the side where Rosie was straddling the locomotive (or rock and roll train) and could see all the roadies down below girating her around. Quite the scene to say the least. Not sure if it was the acoustics at the "X", or if the band was just that good, but the music sounded fantastic for every song.