• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Using a lawn tractor?

BradT

there is a guy that lives on my favorite panny lake. He pulls his old-school plywood tarp style fish house out with his lawn mower every time im out there. I have a 1975 kawasaki trail bike. Early ice I stud the tires with sheet metal screws, and pull my sled out to my fish house. Call me a redneck, but a 1.5 mile walk gets old after a while.

I have done this with an 11hp mower and my perm. clear ice you need to stud the front tires are you can not turn at all. Hard pack snow with chains on works great, Slush just don't do it. And I'm sure every mower will work different in the snow but I have not had any real issues up to 3". And for sure remove the deck. I had bolt on wheel weights but they did not seam to make it work any better so I took them off. It sure is better then walking and my mower goes way faster they I can walk. And one last thing letting a little air pressure out of the back tires seemed to help a little just be care full not to much or you can crack the bead in the cold. Looks funny but like said before use what you got.