• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance 334c iGPS - Doesn't lock on to satellites

FishNovice101

Question

My brother and I each have a 334c and he is having the problem that his does not lock onto any satellites. Mine works fine.

This past weekend he took it in to "The Store" in Walker and they reloaded eveything - still no go. He is two months out of warranty - and so needs to send it to Lowrance at $180 to fix. Needless to say, he is not happy. madmad

Anyone else having this problem with the satellites?

6 answers to this question

Does he have the unit mounted on the dash of the boat? If so, the windsheild might be blocking the signal. I had that issue with my H2O, and had to mount it in a different place to get it to lock on. That unit has in internal antenna, so it needs to be clear of obstructions to get good signal.

fishermatt,

No, he has a Tiller, so it is mounted in the back - no windshield. He has even tried lifting it up out of the boat and still nothing.

He also has an H2Oc - and puts that in the same area as the 334. It locks on to the satellites just fine.

So frustrating!!! mad

I finally got my x20 to lock on this morning. I turned it on and walked away for about 20 minutes, when I got back it was locked and ready.

Maybe you need to turn it on and just wait, don't move the boat and see what happens.

I have a 332C with external antenna and experience the same problem. A couple years back when it started to not acquire satellites and position upon energizing, I e-mailed Lowrance as to the situation. I was told to make sure the battery was up to at least 11.8 amps. I charged the battery up and continued to experience the situation. Contacted Lowrance again and was instructed to shut down the unit when the unit prompted the message, "Position not acquired". After the unit shut down I was to re energize immediately and see what happened. The unit did acquire position after re energizing and still acquires position upon preforming this little exercise.

As your brother is out of warranty as was I, I am fortunate to continue to use the unit as is and am thankful that it did not need to go in for extended repairs as I believe I was told at the time it would be a minimum of $150.

I can live with the double energizing and the rest of the functions are as they should be.

Possibly your brother could give this a try and get lucky as I did.