Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
midwesthunter

ultimate bobber setup

9 posts in this topic

What does everyone consider to be their favorite bobber fishing setup?

Right now I am using a 6'6" medium action but plan on buying a 7' ML. I have been using 8 lbs PLine floroclear all year long with good results too.

If you have room in your boat I would consider at least a rod 7' 6" ML to Med action. G. Loomis (HSR 9000).

Cabelas also carries some nice rods.

Price range???

If I had room for a 7'6" rod in my boat I would go with that too but I think it would be just too big. Right now I am debating between an avid and a premier.

Jason Mitchell's slip float rod would be my pick.

Jason Mitchell Elite Series #JMSS80SB

"This revolutionary eight foot telescoping rod was designed specifically for slip floats. This medium action graphite blank is tied using larger spinning guides so slip float knots aren’t as apt to slide. The rod blank is marked every foot with a white stripe so anglers can quickly set depth by using the rod as a ruler. The length and power of this rod is perfect for slip floats but also can be used as a great dead rod in the rod holder. This rod boasts a high modulus graphite blank with high quality guides and high grade cork handle."

"Kurt Shirado"

MSRP Price: $85.00

I like at least a 7' rod with a moderate action. No nead for big graphite counts or stiff tips.

Check out the Cabelas Fish eagle II's. You can pick up their 7'6" ML rod for around $79.00 or so.

I like to use braid on my bobber rig with a 3 foot mono leader. The no strech of the braid makes for better hooksets regardless of the rod used.

I'm with Ed on this one (and also speaking from experience).