• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roof shingles price climb ?

Valv

Yes, they are at about $80 as of now. If you have a good contractor and insurance company, you won't have to worry about it. Your only expense will be your deductible. The insurance company will pay the difference if shingle prices continue to rise. I'm pretty sure they will top out at $95-$100.

Any questions valv, don't hesitate to ask.

I know you are just relaying info from the news, but please don't spread bad info. That is on Horizon shangles, not all certainteed shingles. Those shingles were made in the past and not made anymore. We knew they were bad back then and never used them on our jobs. Although we use Certainteed Landmark's on all of our jobs and sell them with confidence over any other brand (for the last 20 years). If you need more info, I can post it.

BTW, we are working on a warranty claim from Certainteed right now for some siding. They supplied all of the materials and paid all of the labor. We haven't had GAF or any other company pay for full replacement on warranty like that.

I am getting quotes for roof replacement, some told me the price of shingles went from $ 70s/bundle to over $ 90/bundle, is this true ?

Makes sense, coating your roof in oil has got to be more expensive these days.

First off, I misread the original post. They are $80 a square, not per bundle.

As for the lawsuit, it has been going on for years. It is for the old organic shingles, and those haven't been made for over 5 years.

Show me a shingle company, or better yet, any big materials company that hasn't had a lawsuit. You can google GAF, Tamko, etc. They have all had lawsuits in the past.

First off, I misread the original post. They are $80 a square, not per bundle.

Joe....ehemm...what's the difference ? I don't know how many bundles in a square foot or how many square feet a bundle will cover.

A square is 100 square ft. With most shingles, 3 bundles cover a square. Roughly 22 shingles per bundle, if they are metric.

Aside from shingle prices on the rise, so are the underlayments. You have to figure almost $140 per square for materials. That puts most prices at almost $300 per square with labor and material, not including any valleys, step flashings, etc. This should give you a good idea.

When it comes to insurance work, most prices should be within a few dollars. The ins. adjusters and roofers know exactly what they cost is. The pricing software is zip code specific, so prices are very close.

I urge everyone to go to Westurn Roofing's HSOforum, go to multimedia tab and go to the bottom of the page. Listen to the interview at the bottom. It is about 15 minutes long, but there is a ton of info on it for storm damage.

Ok, I still don't get an answer from my question. Is over $ 90/bundle a ripoff price or is it a current estimate ?

Val if they indeed quated that per bundle, yes rip off, but if it is per square then that is the going rate