Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfs

Hayfield Windows

6 posts in this topic

Anybody put these in and or have an opinion on them? I'm looking at these and the Simonton windows. The only difference I know of window wise is that the Hayfield has the jam extensions included (less cutting). I'm in the process of replacing all my windows myself and would like to know the pro and cons besides the warrenty. What do most of you have in you home, a vinyle frame or a wood frame? Thanks.

I don't think Andersen makes anything out of wood anymore.

I used to have wood windows and went to vinyl windows. Not a problem at all with any of them if they are installed and flashed correctly.

I'm not a fan of Andersen's fake wood doors and windows they have now. It like cork board when you try to run a screw into them.

I was looking for a vinyl window for a job I'm doing. Thermotec was one window but didn't have much for colors to pick from. Then looked at Hayfield more colors to pick from and talked to the rep. and seam to be a pretty good window so ordered one to try.

We have had them for 6+ years with no problems. I really like the all vinyl. We had wood prior and had mold/condensation issues.