• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cooking Halibut

I brought home 2lbs of fresh halibut from Seattle. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prepare it?

I ate some at a restraunt that was pan seared on Mon for lunch. It was incredible. I'd like to pan cook what I have also.

If you want it pan seared, I'd just lightly drizzle some olive oil with a touch of salt and pepper. If you want to get fancy, you could chop up some marjoram or other herb and put some of that on too. 4 minutes a side on high should keep you from the hospital.

JJohnson, I recently got ahold of 25lbs from my Father in Laws trip, we have been cooking it just about every way from fish taco's to macadamia crusted. The best one out of the bunch was simply grilled on high temp to the point of just flaking, keeping it at medium to medium well then just a little high quality balsamic vinegar and a fresh tomato compote (chopped tomatoes, garlic, red onion, EX Virg olive oil and fresh basil)

It came out super moist and delicious. My 5 year old even liked it.

The key with fresh halibut this time of year is not to over cook it. While it may seem odd Halibut is best served with a little translucence in the middle.

Enjoy, I know we have.

I always grill mine, very easy and extremely tasty. Take a ziploc bag put your halibut fillet in the bag and put about a cup or so of orange juice in the bag, zip it up and marinade for about 12 hours, oil the grill and cook about 7 minutes per side on medium high.

Another way is to use the ziploc method again and put Wishbone Italian dressing in the bag. I also use this for salmon on the grill. If you use Italian dressing marinade overnight.