• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

24 volt battery question....do you need 2 of the same...type?

Scott26

Question

I been told by a couple people that if the batteries is not the same(type) it causes extra strain on the whole system. But I just don't believe it.

So the 2 batteris I have are a trojan SCS200 and a Cabelas series27. Can I run them together or am I getting another matching deep cycle?

5 answers to this question

Your getting good info. The batteries need to be matched as closely as possible. If not, the difference in the internal resistance of the batteries could cause one to switch polarity (toasting the battery) Charging can also problematic without matched batteries.

Afaik, they don't have to be matched as in identical make and model.

However, they should be about the same age, type, and capacity.

As mentioned, the system will only be as good as the weakest battery so if one of them isn't really up to snuff, then it might be time for a new pair of batts.