Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Need some outboard mechanic advice

4 posts in this topic

I'll be working and starting 2 outboards this winter.Can I use RV antifreeze in my tub in my occansionally heated garage?

The main question is will the antifreeze harm any seals,impellor etc.?

THANKS

Should be o.k! My Dad works at a marina and that is actually how they have been winterizing the boats there. Instead of pulling all the plugs on the bigger motors they have just been circulating R.V. through them for a while and storing them that way. They never had one issue this spring with doing them that way.

Hey I've seen your posts here awhile now,have to ask isnt NAMA a food quality job?

Thanks for advice

Nah, N.A.M.A is an association of fisherman throught Minnesota (mostly just guys that I fish with). I got nominated to be the "Safety Director" one night about 5 years ago on one of our sanctioned fishing events after about 2 1/2 bottles of Crown Royal! At the request of the guys in the group the definition of NAMA is a closely guarded secret! grin I'm actually a machinist/fabricator!