• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LLL, Teal, Spider, and Ghost lake

I am going there next week to fish for muskies. Does anyone please have any advice on what to use and where to go? I have fished LLL and Ghost once last year but didnt have much luck. If you have any advice, please could you let me know.

Well dude, Hayward lakes can really depend on the day. It seems like there are good numbers of muskies in Spider. Honestly, I spend most of my time in that area during May and June. On Teal, there is a nice weedbed where a creek comes in and all up the creek can be good too. LLL and Teal are tough with that lack of water clarity. You can find numbers in Callahan/Mud, Tiger Cat, and Clear with less size. Also some fish in the Chippewa River part of Moose Lake.

Mostly my advice is to throw bucktails and stay off the Dead Sea (Big Chip)!

Just spent a week on LL and Teal. Muskies are picking up on small spinners and bucktails - not the larger plugs I was using! I had a nice one hit at the side of the boat on Teal a couple days ago (7 feet of water in the cabbage red/white Mepps spinner/bucktail). I lost him though. People at the resort I was staying at were catching muskies at both lakes - I would concentrate on Teal - seems to get a little less pressure.