• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Livewell won't drain

Coach1310

Question

Good day all. Ever since I returned from vacation my livewell will not drain. I have attempted to unplug it without dismantling my entire boat. I have used an air compressor in attempt to blow something out that may be blocking the way, but that hasn't worked. The weird thing is, I get plent of air blowing out the back when I do this, but no water. Any thoughts? Thanks

3 answers to this question

I bet you have a minnow stuck in it (guess how I know about it grin ). Anyway, there's not much you can do until you get the "clog" gone, air will help. Try with a small toilet plunger, fill up tank with about 1 inch of water and work the plunger, it worked for me... I had 3 minnows stuck in there.

I ran a electrical fish, not trying to be smart, the steel tape electricians use to pull wires, up the drain pipe, tied a small chunk of rag on the hook and pulled it out, not only were there dead minnows in it, but a small bobber.