• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

brute 750

bowhunterrj

Just changed oil on my brute last night.Have a couple questions I cleaned the air filter with some fram air cleaner solution let dry and them sprayed with fram spray that is used on the air hog filter will this work or should I pull it off again and reclean and spray with the right oil. Might just go buy new filter and put in tonight but want to keep the old one for a spare.

You should be good with the fram oil. I used to use that stuff for a while. Any brand of foam filter oil should be good to use. I use Bel-Ray filter oil and I like how tacky it is compared to some that seem more oily.

I wouldn't worry about using it. I will suggest a Uni filter though. It fits a little more snug in there and the filter cleaner and oil can be had at dennis kirk for under $20. The filter I believe was around $20 also. I use that and the stock one. I put in the stock one when the Uni is drying after I wash it.

The reason I suggest it is because it is a little taller than the stock filter. When you hit the gas on the brute (you can't see it, but)the filter is sucked into the cage that is under it. That makes the edges a tad shorter and can possibly let dirty air in around the edges. There isn't much proof of that, but I understand that is what the filter does. Whether it actually wears on the engine more, I don't know. There are people with thousands of miles on these 750's. I have 1200 on mine and not any problems, except that I think the choke cable sticks a bit sometimes. If my memory serves correct, you have EFI, so you wouldn't have that problem.

Sorry for the book. wink