• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What would you like to hear a podcast on?

I think especially for some of the newer archers, scent control and playing the wind would be a very informative podcast. Many times a archer can do all the right things as far as equipment and practice but if one does not set up right with the wind and use this to their advantage, there will probably be no shots all fall.

Many times, simply using latex or rubber gloves to move a branch or two can make the difference in not leaving any or at least as little scent as possible around the area one is going to hunt.

Just a thought Dietz.

Hope this helps.....

tips for hunting on public land

local archery shop owner interviews- leagues, equipment, facilities, upcoming events

Food Plots- types, process, equipment needed, best for MN / WI

success stories from local hunters- what equipment did they use, did they plant any food plots, was the location private or public land, did they use a scouting camera, a rangefinder, what time of day, amt ot time in the woods, etc

Selecting a stand or hunting blind

And how to use the internet (Google earth, fishingminnesota, local county GIS interactive sites) to improve your hunting success.

Thanks

Swill

Food plot stuff wouldn't do to much god at this time of year, although it could help for next year.

How about Tips on field dressing and butchering, some newcomers maybe have never cut into a big game animal before, and don't know where to start.

Food plot stuff wouldn't do to much god at this time of year, although it could help for next year.

How about Tips on field dressing and butchering, some newcomers maybe have never cut into a big game animal before, and don't know where to start.

that is a great idea especially with gun season not too far away...I for one have always brought my deer in to have processed but this year I am going to attempt to butcher my own and do most of my own processing...or maybe there are videos out there that the Mod's or other pro's would recommend...

Another vote for field dressing and butchering. Thanks!

This is my third season coming up- I got a Doe last year and all I had to go on was some instructions I downloaded from the internet to dress her. It went well, but It was quite dicey.

I would like to see how to distinquish a bedding area and feeding area in nothing more than hard woods and oak trees like my area in Brainerd. Trying to find where they are moving to and from is the hardest thing to pin point to figure out where to set stands.

mr

I am sure this has been covered in the past...but there always seems to be a lot of interest from people new to the sport about proper fitting equipment, draw length..draw weight..etc. Might not hurt to have a couple minutes on the topic. I like all the other suggestions as well.

Thanks

Cliffy