Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kidd

You might thank a liberal if .....

13 posts in this topic

Stolen, parsed and reformatted from an old post: Author unknown.

You might want to thank a liberal if you have clean drinking water as those anti-American hating liberals fought for minimum water quality standards.

You might want to thank a liberal if you take medications and those medications are safe thanks to those anti-American hating liberals and their fight to insure they are safe and work as advertised.

You might want to thank a liberal if your employer's medical plan is paying for your medical bills as those anti-American hating liberals fought for medical coverage in the workplace.

You might want to thank a liberal that your breakfast bacon is safe to eat because some anti-American hating liberals fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

You might want to thank a liberal that the air you breathe is clean because some anti-American hating liberals fought for laws to stop industries from polluting the air.

You might want to thank a liberal that your employer offers good pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some anti-American hating liberal union members fought and died for these working standards.

You might want to thank a liberal if you get hurt on the job or become unemployed as you’ll get a work comp or unemployment check because some anti-American hating liberal didn't think you should lose your home because of your temporary misfortune.

You might want to thank a liberal every time you make a bank deposit in a bank that is federally insured by the FSLIC because some anti-American hating liberal wanted to protect your money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Depression.

You might want to thank a liberal that your car is among the safest in the world because some anti-American hating liberal fought for car safety standards.

You might want to thank a liberal if you’re living in a third generation farmhouse financed by Farmers Home administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. And you might also thank that anti-American hating liberal for the electricity in that house as the anti-American hating liberal demanded rural electrification.

You might want to thank a liberal if you collect Social Security and a union pension because some anti-American hating liberal made sure we could take care of ourselves in our old age.

And Lastly:

You might be a conservative if you agree that we don't need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, you're a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like you have.

Does anyone think that every war we have fought to protect our rights and freedoms were fought only by conservatives? My husband and brother served in Vietnam, My father and Uncle WWII, my cousin in Nam, many, many guys I have worked with were Liberals.

I would personally like to thank them for the head scratching that goes on every time I look at my paycheck. How much of this is mine again? No that can’t be right. I worked this many hours and make this much/hr. Those numbers can’t be right.

Oh I forgot, Joe Bag Of Doughnuts over there doesn’t feel like working, but we have to make sure he has his smokes and drinks for the week. DogGone it though, he’s trying as hard as he can to support his 12 kids.

I would personally like to thank them for the head scratching that goes on every time I look at my paycheck. How much of this is mine again? No that can’t be right. I worked this many hours and make this much/hr. Those numbers can’t be right.

Oh I forgot, Joe Bag of Doughuts doesn't want to work, but he needs his smokes and drinks for the week. But doggone it, he's trying as hard as he can to support his 12 kids.

Once upon a time, on a farm in Virginia , there was a little red hen

who scratched about the barnyard until she uncovered quite a few grains

of wheat.

She called all of her Democrat neighbors together and said, 'If we

plant this wheat, we shall have bread to eat. Who will help me plant it?'

'Not I,' said the cow.

'Not I,' said the duck.

'Not I,' said the pig.

'Not I,' said the goose.

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen, and so she

did.

The wheat grew very tall and ripened into golden grain.

'Who wi ll help me reap my wheat?' asked the little red hen..

'Not I,' said the duck.

'Out of my classification,' said the pig.

'I 'd lose my seniority,' said the cow.

'I'd lose my unemployment compensation,' said the goose.

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen, and so she

did.

At last it came time to bake the bread.

'Who will help me bake the bread?' asked the little red hen.

'That would be overtime for me,' said the cow.

'I'd lose my welfare benefits,' said the duck.

'I'm a dropout and never learned how,' said the pig.

'If I'm to be the only helper, that's

discrimi nation,' said the goose.

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen.

She baked five loaves and held them up for all of her neighbors to

see.

They wanted some and, in fact, demanded a share. But the little red

hen said, 'No, I shall eat all five loaves.'

'Excess profits!' cried the cow. (Nancy Pelosi)

'Capitalist leech!' screamed the duck. (Barbara Boxer)

'I demand equal rights!' yelled the goose. (Jesse Jackson) The pig

just grunted in disdain. (Ted Kennedy)

And they all painted 'Unfair!' picket signs and marched around and

around the little red hen, shouting obscenities.

Then the farmer (Obama)came. He said to the little red h en, 'You

must not be so greedy.'

'But I earned the bread,' said the little red hen.

'Exactly,' said Barack the farmer. 'That is what makes our free

enterprise system so wonderful. Anyone in the barnyard can earn as

much as he wants. But under our modern government regulations, the

productive workers must divide the fruits of their labor with those who

are lazy and idle..'

And they all lived happily ever after, including the little red hen,

who

smiled and clucked, 'I am grateful, for now I truly understand.'

But her neighbors became quite disappointed in her. She never again

baked bread because she joined the 'party' and got her bread free.

And all the Democrats smiled. 'Fairness' had been established.

Individual initiative had died, but nobody noticed; perhaps no one

cared...so long as there was free bread that 'the rich' were paying

for.

EPILOGUE

Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his memoirs.

Hillary got $8 million for hers.

That's $20 million for the memories from two people, who for eight

years, repeatedly testified, under oath, that they couldn't

remember

anything.

IS THIS A GREAT BARNYARD OR WHAT?

Nice post BigDave, Reminds me of the grasshopper and the ant. You and I should get out fishing some time.

I was talking to a friend of mine's little girl, and she said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give houses to all the homeless people."

"Wow - what a worthy goal." I told her, "You don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50.

"Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds. While her Mom glared at me, she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

And I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

If it weren't for talk radio, think-tanks, and internet blog sites, most hard-liners would have to come up with fun barnyard nursery rhymes of their own to make broad-sweeping political statements of generality. Thank goodness there are people out there to do our thinking for us, so we all have more time for the important things in life. grin

Joel