• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

From Missouri

I live near St Louis! I'm here quite often! I just wish I could be in MN more often!I don't get to make my annual fishing trip up north this year, my fishing bud had back surgery and I bought a new house and am moving tomorrow....so maybe next year! Make that for SURE next year! I can hear the eyes from LOW calling me!!!!

Hey Barry. Mark Twain Is still very high. I drive over Salt river bridge on hwy 61 everyday. The water was over the banks a few hours ago. I talked to someone a few days ago and they said as of last Friday the lake was only 10 feet below what it was at its highest level this summer. I enjoy the fall crappie fishing but I am afraid it may not be any good this year.

I was living in St Joseph, MO then back to MN, then to Kansas City, Lees Summit, Riverside and Platte City,then moved back to my hometown in southern MN. Love KC and St JO, just wanted my parents to be able to see their grandbabies on a regular basis.

Am I the only one left from MO? Trees are starting to get some color down here and we are supposed to get some rain in the next few days. I'm going to hit the trout park one more time before they close for the year tomorrow, hopefully I'll catch a few! Everyone have a good one!

Hey Barry,

Not many members down there in MO keeping you busy. Say, any tips for someone getting ready to head down to Table Rock looking for crappies and largemouth this time of year? Any specific patterns one might look for? Are the crappies still hanging out passed the breaklines in open water or have they started to migrate back to shallows? Bass going shallow or deep down there lately? Cranks, plastics, dropshot, top water, spinner baits?

I don't get to Tablerock, but if it's like any other lake around here the crappie are headed to the back of the coves to fill up on shad! After that you should be able to find them along the bluffs. What I've read online they are catching bass on cranks and topwaters, but you can NEVER be sure about FISH! Good Luck!