• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What lure is this?

dispatch1313

Question

Does anyone know what vintage lure this is? It is made out of plastic and looks like it probably from the 1970's. There is nothing printed on the lure. Also, is it worth anything? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

fish022.jpg

7 answers to this question

Mass production kills lure value. You won't find too many plastic bodied lures, which became popular around the 1950's and 1960's, that are of great value.

If you want to get started in collecting, look for wooden lures, class or tack eyes, certain makes and models, buy a book, go to an antique store that has a good collection, or just start by reading as much as you can on the subject.

Not sure what the lure is. Heddon stamps just about everything they make. A good lure antiquer could probably inspect the hardware-the hook hinges, eyelet, and propeller and tell you. Try finding someone on the internet in the NFLCC. Good luck.

I thought it kind of looked like a Heddon also. However, I looked at a catalog of some of their older models and could not find this one. There is nothing printed on this lure either. I think most Heddon's have something stamped on them. This one may remain a mystery.....................