Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ebiz

How To Cut Costs In Washington

12 posts in this topic

I have not had a chance to verify whether the numbers are correct. Just received it in an e-mail,thought it was funny and might lighten the mood in here after an intense day of postings.

How To Cut Costs in Washington

"A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he is 80 years old.

Assuming the next president lives to age 80, Sen. McCain would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president.

Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect McCain in November.

How's that for non-partisan thinking???"

Brilliant!

.....of course there is that issue with Iraq that could save a little bit of money wink

What! Thats it, Im voting for Mcain. I finally found an issue that would make me vote for a republican. laugh

.....of course there is that issue with Iraq that could save a little bit of money wink

Oh yeah. Nevermind, ill be voting for Obama. frown

Here's a question, why do they get to vote themselves to get so much money to retire on. Do you seriously need that much? We pay for that and we get SS. Nice job, can 'em and let FM take over the govt.!!!

Take that and the nothing they pay for insurance, meds, etc. If ya can't beat 'em join 'em I say.

Secret service protection also adds up. Used to be for life, not sure what it is anymore.

The premise is amusing though. $5 mil sounds like a large figure, I could live off that! You gotta think the stress of the job and the campaign trail takes years off their life though. Just look at how quickly any president ages.

IF we were to elect the best possible person for the job there would be no amount of money that would be too much.

Look how much successful CEO's get!

Why could Buffet not be the chairman of the Federal reserve?