• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Holy Giant Laker Batman!

Did you gals read about that 49.4lb lake trout caught by a Hibbing mother and daughter team on Lake Nipigon in Ontario? They caught it mid-July. Here's a pic from the Duluth News-Tribune: wpxtrout0824.jpg

It took them 45 mins to get it in the boat! Isn't that an awesome catch?

Lisa I have no idea. We should ask The Great Outdoors or stcatfish.

Dtro I seem to remember that you had one close to that but your fishing partner Randy lost it for you. laugh

Then you sent him over to sabotage me. grin

Lisa I have no idea. We should ask The Great Outdoors or stcatfish.

Dtro I seem to remember that you had one close to that but your fishing partner Randy lost it for you. laugh

Then you sent him over to sabotage me. grin

Yes, it’s coming back to me now……

I’m fighting this fish and this sled comes flying up. Rider gets off walks over, says HI introduces himself then asks for a Beer. Well the nice guy I am, I reach over for one to give to him and take my attention off that huge fish for one second…….and then it was gone.

Without skipping a beat, the guy then asks for a smoke, so I sent him over to you grin

That 50lber is still swimming. wink

The woman holding the fish works at one of the offices we support(computer systems) up here. Her mother was really excited to get the fish and she was pretty dare excited to see her mother get the fish.

Fish over 30 lbs have been caught from Bside. Divers report seeing lakers between 30 and 40 lbs. A 20-plus is caught every couple of years. Last year or the year before on spring opener, a guest at Camp Van Vac was fishing off the dock with dead cisco on the bottom and caught a 20 and a 17.

I think dtro's fish wasn't quite 50. You know how much bigger fish look in the water than they do once they're on the ice. winkwink

upnorth, you should let her know that they've hit "Celebrity Status" here in the internet world!! I'd be splitting at the seams if I caught a fish like that you guys!

Sent her the link Friday...teasing her about being an "Internet Star",she thought it was pretty cool to be a topic on fishing forum.

Her co-worker(who I also sent the link to) who is also a good friend of hers outside of work said something that I can't post here about being an "Internet Star" and not exposing some body parts blush They can be interesting to work with whistleblushgrincool