• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THANKS FOR HELPING A YOUNG KID OUT!!

Jordyn Kaufer

I'd just like to thank everyone here again for helping me out!

I've learned soo much this summer from you guys and since the fishing for eye's isnt the greatest in the summer i'm hopein that i can put it all to good use in the fall!

So thanks to everyone out there who has helped me and i hope to see some of you on the water!

Thanks sooooooooo much,

YFG

We are glad to help. Keep posting and asking questions.

If your'e thinking about trolling cranks this Fall for Eyes, check on the Mille lacs fishing report. Probably starting in the next week or so,(and carrying on into Nov). you will see a ton of questions/tips that will work on any lake. It is worth your time to check this out grin

Basically you are trolling / casting shallow water 2-12 ft or so. Using husky jerk-baits 10's 12's, maybe 14's. Some popular colors, clown, firetiger , perch, purple perch, tenn. shad,rainbow .

Also you will probably be using Shad Raps. Sizes 5 & 7's.

There is a book called Precision Trolling that tells you how much line to let out for a particular crank bait. It takes alot of the guesswork out.

That was very short , and you will see in the next month or so how many anglers do this. It's a blast. grin

Basically you are trolling / casting shallow water 2-12 ft or so. Using husky jerk-baits 10's 12's, maybe 14's. Some popular colors, clown, firetiger , perch, purple perch, tenn. shad,rainbow .

I do the same for spring walleyes. Some days its almost to easy catching them on raps.

oh thanks.

Could you any of you give me some ideas on where to find when the current speeds up on a river?

or some good places to look?

It sound's to me like you just asked how to read moving water. This is an important skill to cultivate but one that's a little difficult to explain to someone that hasn't learned it yet. I'll try to do my best. The next time you are out on a river, spend your time scanning the surface of the water carefully. You will probably notice certain area's where the smooth surface of the water is interupted. That mean's that just above the swirl or ripple's that you see, there is a rock or boulder or an ol;d tree limb on the bottom that is causing the disruption. That's a good place to start looking for some fish that will probably be holding nearby. The fish are not going to be holding out in the stiffer part of the current. They will always be looking for some slack water to hold in, which enable's them to fart out and snatch any juicy looking tidbit's floating by in the current. Fish would have to expend too much energy feeding if they spent all their time in the fast current so that's why they always look for some slack water. A certain amount of slack water will always be found behind any obstruction on the bottom or laying in the water. A good example would be a tree that had blown down and was laying in the water. These are a dead giveaway and usually easy to find. Another way you can read the water is to study the direction's a river flow's. For example, if you are drifting downstream and the river curve's to the left, be sure to check the outside part of the curve because that's where the deeper part of the water will probably be. Always check the outside part of any curve in the river. Well I hope I don't have you completely befuddled YFG. If you have any more question's, don't be afraid to ask! That's what Auld Phart's like me are here for, eh? laugh Good luck and good fishing! grin 1DIRTBALL wink