• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problems with Gamma Purple Copoly

Moe Szyslak

Anyone have line breakage issues while casting with this line? I spooled up on three rods(two curados, one citica) with it this spring and really havent had any issues other than snapping lines while casting .5 ounce or bigger lures. Its pretty consistant too. I need to re-tie every 80 or so casts or it goes flying 400 yards! I am only using 10lb test but dont ever remember snapping any lines while casting with 8lb trilene XL.

I can't say I have ever thrown that heavy of a lure on the 8lb. Gamma I use, but I have never broken it during a cast. And, I can honestly tell you I have never broken off a fish on it.

Any chance you have a rough spot on a rod guide or on your reel somewhere? Seems unlikely being that it is happening on 3 different rods. Is the line all from the same spool? Maybe the stuff is a bad one. I have nothing but positive comments about that line.

Thats the reason I came on here. I really just wanted to understand if anyone else was seeing the same issue before I go and buy another spool. Two different spools between the three rods but breakage is happening only on two (i dont throw large lures with the citica). The 10lb is what is breaking on the gamma, I was just comparing it to the 8lb trilene that I used to use with no issues.

take a q-tip to all your guides and if it pulls a little cotton off of the q then you have found your problem. Fished a tourney a couple weaks ago witha guy use 10lb braid and he snapped 3 good fish off and swore they weren't teeth. Changed rods and no snappage, Went home and what do you know his tip top was sharp as a razor. good luck hope you find the source to the confidence rattler.

ike

My only problem was that a Hulk of a line jumped out at me when I open the box.

LOL's j/k

But I had a big gob of line in the middle...couldn't figure out why there was ding in casting until I pinched the line to the source. One big snot. I don't know how I missed that when I spooled it on.