• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how many 3 wheelers are out there

Gordie

My #3 son just hauled an 84 Honda 200 home last week. The seller said there was no way he could get it to run and dumped it cheap. My son and his friend had it purring in about an hour. He's a weight lifter and he loads it in his pickup by himself without a ramp. Is that normal with these machines?

He's a weight lifter and he loads it in his pickup by himself without a ramp. Is that normal with these machines?

I had a '88 Suzuki Quadsport that I loaded into the back of my truck without ramps and I'm not really a large person. I was 5'11" and 135 lbs back then.

1983 185S, been through heck and looks like it but just won't die. It sits outside in the weather and will alwyas start right up. This thing has been through the ice once as well. It floats, but upside down.

Caleb, I have the exact same 3-wheeler, 1983 Honda 185s.

Just got it this November. Sometimes it starts first pull, but once in a while it starts really hard, like when it's cold out. Any thoughts?

I was thinking of changing the oil to synthetic so it pulls over easier in the cold. Also seems like it could be a gas flow thing. Will start for a couple seconds then quit.

I have an 83 Big Red. Needs a new recoil though, anyone know of a reputable place to get one that isnt [YouNeedAuthorization]?

sport wheels in jordan might have your recoil. just a thought

The only work I have ever done to mine was replace the spark plug and drain out old gas. Never touched the engine or carb.

Davey, are you using the choke when it is cold out? How much fuel have you burned through it so far? If it had been sitting for some time before you bought it there are some inexpensive things you could do. These have steel tanks and if they sit outside they are susceptible to having moisture condense inside the tank and contaminate the fuel.

If you suspect the fuel is old or could have moisture in it, drain the tank and fill it with fresh fuel. On the side of the carb hear the bottom is a screw that will drain the carb. Open this screw and let the fuel run for a short amount of time. The fuel will run out of a small fuel line connected to the very bottom of the car. This will allow any moisture sitting in the bottom of the carb out.

Replace the plug.

Caleb, thanks for the ideas, I will try them. I don't think the previous owner used it very often and it does sit outside now (covered). Condensation in the tank/gas was something I thought about too. When I get a chance to tinker with it I'll let you know how it comes out. It didn't have an owners manual or service manual with it so it's a learning process.

Thanks again, Dave

P.S. - OK, dumb question that is most likely the solution, where is the choke?

My #3 son just hauled an 84 Honda 200 home last week. The seller said there was no way he could get it to run and dumped it cheap. My son and his friend had it purring in about an hour. He's a weight lifter and he loads it in his pickup by himself without a ramp. Is that normal with these machines?

I used to load mine this way all the time. Ramps were unheard of. Pop a wheelie and get the front wheel on the tailgate, lift the rear up and push in. Piece of cake.

vikingmeatwad, Check your other post.

I just pulled my '84 Yamaha 225dx out of storage, and after getting fuel through the line and into the carb, she ran like a champ! Just need to put the chains on, and it's GO GO GO!