• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how many 3 wheelers are out there

Gordie

I just picked up a 1983 honda big red 200 it doesnt have reverse but the thing is like brand new it only has about 35-40 hours on it and it runs awsome. it needs new tires what would you guys recomend for it? I want to put ice studs in it for fishing this winter. I picked up 300 studs at a garage sale this summer.

Skitter, That thing is in GREAT condition. I've had to do some serious cleaning/repairing/tweaking to get mine in the shape it's in, which is a far cry from your yellow monster. Oh yeah, mine is sky blue. I'd be first in line if you ever do want to sell it!

As long as your reading, have you been able to find a carb rebuild kit for it? Mine is leaking gas from the overflow tube (I'm assuming it's the float valve) and I've just gone to turning the gas off at the petcock to stop it. Any thoughts? I read somewhere that a Timberwolf 250 4-wheeler has the same carb, but I've never been able to confirm it.

heybob I traded some labor as in work for it and I know that I got the better of the deal. but the people that I did the work for wanted 700.00 dollars for it.

mcgurk I buddy had one of those yamahas in sky blue and we called it the dinosaur

I had a Big Red like that. Wish I still had it. Brother had one of those Yamaha's and they really pop easy wheelies, SkitterPopper. Be careful with a load across the rear (passenger, deer, etc).

I had a Big Red like that. Wish I still had it.

Gosh I love hearing Dave say he wishes he still had a Honda. I'll never get tired of hearing that wink

We have quite a collection of three wheelers up at the cabin. Starting with a 90, a 110, a 125, a 185, a 200 S and an 85 Big Red (shaft with reverse) Only one isnt usable, the 110 broke a drive chain and it wrapped around the front sproket and broke the engine case. I just took it for the parts.

Originally Posted By: Dave
I had a Big Red like that. Wish I still had it.

Gosh I love hearing Dave say he wishes he still had a Honda. I'll never get tired of hearing that wink

I thought I'd give you a giggle... that was one heckuva machine. $1495 brand new.

Wow those are great wheelers, old school is cool, I have a 81 honda 185, that has seen some abuse but still runs really good, an have two yamaha 125 tri moto that are in pretty good shape, One needs a throtle harness, the type where the throtlr cabel runs into this black tube an two cable come out the end, one to the carb, an one to the oil pump I think, Ant one know where a guy can get tri moto parts, been on hsolist an cant find anything, any info would help, boar

I have a BIG RED 250 also, but how many of you have a snow plow for one? I think its pretty rare. I don't know if the guy I bought it from made it or what. Worked pretty well. The Ol'Red needs a little work but I've loved it for the past 10 years. I just pulled the trigger on an 08 Sportsman