Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Gordie

how many 3 wheelers are out there

I just picked up a 1983 honda big red 200 it doesnt have reverse but the thing is like brand new it only has about 35-40 hours on it and it runs awsome. it needs new tires what would you guys recomend for it? I want to put ice studs in it for fishing this winter. I picked up 300 studs at a garage sale this summer.

my brother still has a 1982 200 that runs. I keep teling him that it is an antique and he should frame it. he also has a 83 250 2 stroke 3 wheeler, that thing is fast, but also an antique. grin

Skitter, That thing is in GREAT condition. I've had to do some serious cleaning/repairing/tweaking to get mine in the shape it's in, which is a far cry from your yellow monster. Oh yeah, mine is sky blue. I'd be first in line if you ever do want to sell it!

As long as your reading, have you been able to find a carb rebuild kit for it? Mine is leaking gas from the overflow tube (I'm assuming it's the float valve) and I've just gone to turning the gas off at the petcock to stop it. Any thoughts? I read somewhere that a Timberwolf 250 4-wheeler has the same carb, but I've never been able to confirm it.

heybob I traded some labor as in work for it and I know that I got the better of the deal. but the people that I did the work for wanted 700.00 dollars for it.

mcgurk I buddy had one of those yamahas in sky blue and we called it the dinosaur

I had a Big Red like that. Wish I still had it. Brother had one of those Yamaha's and they really pop easy wheelies, SkitterPopper. Be careful with a load across the rear (passenger, deer, etc).

I had a Big Red like that. Wish I still had it.

Gosh I love hearing Dave say he wishes he still had a Honda. I'll never get tired of hearing that wink

We have quite a collection of three wheelers up at the cabin. Starting with a 90, a 110, a 125, a 185, a 200 S and an 85 Big Red (shaft with reverse) Only one isnt usable, the 110 broke a drive chain and it wrapped around the front sproket and broke the engine case. I just took it for the parts.

Originally Posted By: Dave
I had a Big Red like that. Wish I still had it.

Gosh I love hearing Dave say he wishes he still had a Honda. I'll never get tired of hearing that wink

I thought I'd give you a giggle... that was one heckuva machine. $1495 brand new.

Wow those are great wheelers, old school is cool, I have a 81 honda 185, that has seen some abuse but still runs really good, an have two yamaha 125 tri moto that are in pretty good shape, One needs a throtle harness, the type where the throtlr cabel runs into this black tube an two cable come out the end, one to the carb, an one to the oil pump I think, Ant one know where a guy can get tri moto parts, been on hsolist an cant find anything, any info would help, boar

I have a BIG RED 250 also, but how many of you have a snow plow for one? I think its pretty rare. I don't know if the guy I bought it from made it or what. Worked pretty well. The Ol'Red needs a little work but I've loved it for the past 10 years. I just pulled the trigger on an 08 Sportsman

Just curious if anybody would be willing to measure the length of their big red, I was thinking of picking one up for ice fishing depending on if my trailer will fit that and the shack in it

I have a 1984 Honda 200M. The thing runs like a top and has gone on many 4 wheeler trips in the past few years. That thing has seen stuff that makes 4 wheelers nervous. Solid machine and a great first ice vehicle.

CA