• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Typically it is the third weekend in September that things around the pierheads start to heat up. You can work thundersticks, rattleraps, spoons and even spinners for them. I have had my best luck tossing rattle raps and t-stick jrs. You can even fish with mini marshmellows if you want but they have to the stay puff brand.

Tunrevir~

A few fish will be caught starting now with the fishing picking up the farther into Sept. it gets. The best fishing will be low light conditions and cloudy days. A thunder shower to pulse a little flow in the river helps. An onshore wind to dirty the water helps. Don't forget the 10' long landing net. You can either lay your fish on the breakwall or make a 20' stringer out of weed whacker line to keep them in the water. Most evenings there will be a few people fishing, if there's a bunch of people, then fish are being caught. Also a head lamp comes in handy if your alone - one hand for the net, one for the rod leaves none for the flashlight. Tunrevir has good info for baits - I'll add kastmasters/champs and X-raps.

They are starting to pick up a few fish off the piers and in the harbors. I had a friend that was out 2 weeks ago and things were slow but they picked up a 20 pouinder just out from the harbor in 30' draging stick baits. With the cooler temps things should be picking up nicely.

Tunrevir~