• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Move over Joe, Eddie is the new baby

IFallsRon

The Twins have acquired lefthander Eddie Guardado from the Texas Rangers in exchange for minor league righthander Mark Hamburger, bringing back a fan favorite who helped the club win the AL Central division in 2002 and 2003.

Guardado, who earned the nickname, `Everyday Eddie,’ for his ability to pitch effectively for several straight days, is 3-3 with a 3.65 ERA and four saves in 55 appearances with Texas.

Hamburger was 1-2 with a 4.17 ERA and 13 saves in 27 games with Elizabethton, Tenn., of the Appalachian League.

The Twins later today will announce the move that will clear space on the major league roster for Guardado.

What don't you like about that Leechbait.

G.C.

nofish said it best, Everyday Eddie made my palms sweat when he took the mound. I over reacted of course but when I thought about it he'd be an ok set up guy I guess.

I think he's gotta be better than what we've been trotting out in the 8th lately. He did have a habit of making games interesting (hit a guy, walk a guy, strike out the side) but he usually got it done.

My guess is Everett will go down to make room for him. Only gonna be a few days till Sept call up.