Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raymondk

cheap locator beeper

3 posts in this topic

Does anybody know where i can get a beeper collar for a pointer that only beeps when you push a button I don't want one that beeps all the time and also i don't want a shock collar with that feature just something that i can locate my dod in cattails when it is pointing i use a bell but if I loose the dog instead of looking it would be nice just to push a button and get to the area where the dog is.

I am pretty sure such a model does not exist as a stand alone unit, but I could be wrong. I know you can buy certain models of e-collars that also have the beeper as a separate unit that can be controlled by the transmitter, but I do not think there is a stand alone unit with a hand transmitter.

I purchased a cheap beeper collar and it lasted half a season and it stopped working in the middle of a trip to the Dakotas (with no back-up). Not good. I went with the TriTronics add-on beeper collar, I am not sure what your definition of cheap is? This add-on beeper collar was about $100, I believe. It has lasted through 2 1/2 seasons now. It has different settings and you can set it to point only mode. It only beeps when the dog stops. However, it has to be turned on and off at the collar - no transmitter. If I had purchased the correct model of TriTronics collar, I could have controlled it with the transmitter. Live and learn.

I hope some else can help you find what you are looking for, but I never could locate such a model.

I haven't heard of such an item before either, but you can get a GPS tracker for the dogs.

"hooks"

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Ya gotta die of something sooner or later might as well do it with a full tummy!
    • ouch, I would think all would good now, but one never knows.  life is good today is all i know.
    • 33 pounds. nice looking unit but kinda heavy. nice price out there. 
    • Mostly commenting this "sold a bunch of talk, and you believe that talk and vote against your own interests" but I do love it when people assume I am somehow D or R because I make a comment against their beloved party.

• Holiday Bowl isn't too shabby. I wonder if Tracy Claeys is nervous? Last time the gophers played a Mike Leach led team, it cost their coach his job 
    • I'm not in the market for a new auger since purchasing an Ion, but I see FF has a Redback electric auger in their ad. This auger looks similar to the Ion for significantly less money. Does anyone have experience with this auger? Just wanted to bring it up as a possible alternative to those who might be in the  market for an electric. As a side note, I am very happy with the Ion.
    • MLR, how heavy is your house?   After reading your experience I was getting worried. Earlier this summer I swapped out my handles with bolts and gave them a brief trial with my old cordless Dewalt. It was pretty much maxed out and likely not the ticket. Just purchased the Dewalt kit DCK283D2 that is 40% off at FF in hopes it might work. I figured the impact driver would work but didn't really want to be hammering on the gear set. Tried out the drill after work today on low speed and it raises my house easily. My house weighs approximately 3000#. No more hand cranking for me.   Wanted to get the Milwaukee Fuel but couldn't see spending $275 for one drill. This kit is $167 for drill and driver with 2 batteries and charger.
    • I was talking about the heat from the heat exchanger making the fan hot.  With the fan at the top it blows the hot air out the bottom of the heater to help heat the floor.  
  • Our Sponsors