• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cheap locator beeper

raymondk

Does anybody know where i can get a beeper collar for a pointer that only beeps when you push a button I don't want one that beeps all the time and also i don't want a shock collar with that feature just something that i can locate my dod in cattails when it is pointing i use a bell but if I loose the dog instead of looking it would be nice just to push a button and get to the area where the dog is.

I am pretty sure such a model does not exist as a stand alone unit, but I could be wrong. I know you can buy certain models of e-collars that also have the beeper as a separate unit that can be controlled by the transmitter, but I do not think there is a stand alone unit with a hand transmitter.

I purchased a cheap beeper collar and it lasted half a season and it stopped working in the middle of a trip to the Dakotas (with no back-up). Not good. I went with the TriTronics add-on beeper collar, I am not sure what your definition of cheap is? This add-on beeper collar was about $100, I believe. It has lasted through 2 1/2 seasons now. It has different settings and you can set it to point only mode. It only beeps when the dog stops. However, it has to be turned on and off at the collar - no transmitter. If I had purchased the correct model of TriTronics collar, I could have controlled it with the transmitter. Live and learn.

I hope some else can help you find what you are looking for, but I never could locate such a model.