Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveD

Water Temp coming down!!

9 posts in this topic

St Croix water temp was 70 degrees this morning. With lows in the 50's at night it looks like those dog days of summer warm water temps may be over. Cats should be putting on the feedbag getting ready for winter. Time to chase the end of the season.

Had 74 on the MN last night.

I've never stopped chasing smile Hopefully that dedication will pay some dividends this fall wink

I would put my money on the fact that with your knowledge and time spent on the water Dtro, you will pop a big mama.

I'm really hoping that all the dues I've paid lately will pay off as well. winkwink

Seamed to work the last time. grin

<<--------------------

Nah, big Mama or not I had probably the most fun this summer yet. Had little to do with the fish I caught, but the time spent on the water with good company.

Steve, have you hooked into any of those “other” whisker fish yet?

Steve, have you hooked into any of those &#147;other&#148; whisker fish yet?

No - but they are jumping all over the river. The falling water temp is a good thing for sturgeon fishing too - it seems like the bite is better as the water cools.

Yeah it was in the upper 40s sat night on the river, The MN should be cooling off but with how low the water is, shouldn't take much to warm it back up.

just bought a cabin on the horseshoe chain in cold spring and am excited to fish for the channels, only fished for them once and caught a 15 pounder last year, wow was that fun, anyway, could someone give a general rundown on where the fish will be when the water does cool down in september, doing some elementary research looks like deeper holes, bridges, current seams ect. also will they be any more active during the day or is it still mainly a night gig. any general info would be greatly apprecciated. thank you!