Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dock Boy

Fayette/West Union Pheasants

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, I just got invited from a guest of ours to come down and do a little pheasant hunting near these two towns. I have never hunted this area before. Any idea of what I should expect. Thanks again for all the help and I look forward to coming to the area. We plan on coming late November or early december. Thanks!!

i can't tell you much about the pheasant pop..(( i think the dnr has something out about that per county on thier HSOforum) i live in sumner.( 17 miles west of fayette)our numbers are down. the area is hills, and valleys, with corn, beans, and grass lands . del

Thanks Delmuts, He said he has lots of private land to hunt and did well last year. Just kind of looking as to what to expect. We usually take 5-6 trips a year to North Dakota, Montana and Southern Minnesota. We did hunt near Algoma IA a couple of years ago and found a fare number of birds. Any one else?? Thanks Oh Delmuts what county is Fayette and west union in.

The DNR is finishing up their roadside counts and results are showing a 60% decline from last year. Iowa has had a double whammy between the harsh winter of '07/08 and the summer flooding. There should still be some fair pheasant hunting espcially if there is good habitat. If you had a dusting of snow when you come in late Nov/early December that would help. Keep in mind shotgun deer opens first weekend in December in Iowa and Fayette County is hunted fairly hard.

KabNam, Thanks for your post. I really don't want to be out there with the deer hunters, so maybe late Nov we will head down there. Thanks again and we look forward to our trip