• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Would you wait to trailor the boat with a new truck?

Break it in for a while or load it up and go?

also new to me is the towing feature on the new chevy's do people like them or are do you just drop it down into drive?

Thanks,

Sutty

If it is just a normal fishing boat dont worry about it. Break in, I always tell people to just drive it like you would normally. Now if your talking hauling a 38' cruiser, I would wait. As for the tow haul, its desiegned to use it when towing a heavier load. Again if it is a small 16ft with a 40hp on it, hook it up and go. If it is a 18 foot with a 200hp use the tow haul.

I wouldnt be to concerned about driving it to break it in with that boat. When I bought my last truck, I left the dealership went home and hooked up my boat and went to Leech lake, same day. My boat is a 18 ft with a 115.

The tow haul, I would use it with your boat, just to be safe!

I wouldnt be to concerned about driving it to break it in with that boat. When I bought my last truck, I left the dealership went home and hooked up my boat and went to Leech lake, same day. My boat is a 18 ft with a 115.

What he said.

Take it a little easier and it should be fine. The point of the manufacturer's 500 mile limit on towing is to let the rear axle gears seat-in or cut. Added excess heat from towing heavy loads or driving hard hampers that, or that's the theory anyway.

I run a 10k lb enclosed trailer for work, or have an 8.5' V plow on the front of the truck.

Depending on when I trade my truck in, it'll instantly have one or the other put on, and not taken off (other than the seasonal changes, trailer taken off, plow put on) until I trade again.

I'll put 25k - 30k miles on per year, mostly with the trailer hooked up, and I've left the dealer with the new truck pulling the trailer before.

I've never had any issues.

Now, with all that said, I've dealt with the same dealer for 10+ years, and they know my situation, and have warrantied stuff for me that was clearly operator error (u-joint in front end tore out after 8+" snowfall) so as far as warranty, I firmly believe it's only as good as the relationshop you have with said dealer.