• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LONE WOLF OR SUMMIT ? IT'S A VERY TUFF CALL NEED OPINIONS ON THIS

Lone Wolf, hands down, no discussion IMHO! WE just put up 2 today and checked on 6 that were still out from last fall. All great shape and absolutely no squeaks or creaks like I've experienced with Summit stands. 7 of our stands are fixed position and my dad uses a Lone Wolf climber that he absolutely loves!!!

Brian

I own a lone wolf Alpha Hang On stand, with climbing sticks. The stand is very quiet, light, and easy to adjust and hang in the tree when you are 18ft up. I also love the lone wolf climbing sticks They are quick to strap to the tree, sturdy, and easy to pack up when you leave.

I selected a hang on stand, because the Lone Wolf Alpha stand is the easiest stand every to hang, and I don't need to find that perfect tree anymore. Plus, it is nice to be able to leave the stand up, or get down from the tree quickly, if I need to.

Again, excellent stand, best value out there.

I have only used a very old climber once before, so take this for what its worth. I turned 50 this year and am going bow hunting for the first time. I bought a summit viper @ cabela's for $199 on sale. I set it up and used it in the backyard and am very happy with my purchase. I can use it as a sit & climb or a hand climber very easy. It back packs pretty easy, weighs 21#. I think I got a very good value.

I have a Viper SS and love it! I have never sat in a Lone Wolf though so I cannot compare it. But I love the Summit Viper SS, and it's very comfy! I am 6'3" 250lbs.

The only problem is when its really cold and I'm bundled up it lacks space. But if it's that cold, I tend not to sit anyway, I'll still hunt.

It s the Realtree Outfitter Series Viper Ultra Treestand. Check cableas site, its listed for 229 but 199 on sale in this weeks flyer. I thik its very comfy, I'm 6-2 and around 215.

was just at cabelas this past weekend, and saw the realtree deal they had goin, and was very tempted.. Its basically the same as the vipers' (which I bought, a viper,thinkin I was going to buy a lone wolf s/c,but thats another story on another post..) but I didnt go for the sale, I always say things are on sale for a reason. But MNice likes it so far, maybe I missed out on 60$.. They are very similar stands- the only diff I saw was the cross bars on the platform you stand on...

I dodn't know the width of the Viper but I am 6'2" and 250 Lbs and it works for me.

I haven't tried the Lone Wolf climbers but have owned 2 Summits. I like the stand up - sit down style climbers much better than the hand climbers. I had a Summit Buchmaster handclimber and sold it. Too much work for a couple less pounds of weight and the bar isn't really a factor when bow hunting.

The Summit Viper is the stand I use 99% of the time due to ease of use, familiarity with it, silence and comfort. My hang ons are collecting dust now.

I got my Viper before the SS came out and did add some silencing tape to get rid of any noise from brush hitting the stand while walking in.

Seems that the Cabelas Vipers for 229 are the same stand with a few added accessories like a foot rest that you may never use but the stand costs less than the Viper SS?????

Lone Wolf guys like the LW sit and climb but they are quite a bit more money and are known as being not especially comfortable. I do hear they pack well are quiet and some guys swear by them.

Lone Wolf came out with a $600 ladder stand last year!!!!!! For that reason alone I won't buy a Lone Wolf product unless I find a great deal and that doesn't seem likely. I would like to try out an Alpha some time.

I got the Lone Wold this year. My buddy got the sit and climb and I got the hand climber. Both are super light, really easy and flat to pack in. Feel super stable in the tree. Super easy to put up and get ready to climb, also very quiet while climbing. They did come with a heafty price tag, but I feel they will be worth it. I plan on getting the small hang on and some sticks for the some areas with terrible trees. The cliber did good on some not so good trees, just need a small saw to trim on the way up.

I saw this on Cabelas site tonite What is the actual seat support width on these stands?

The seat is suspended by a strap system. Adjustable fo height and you can fold it up if you wish to stand.

I have a Summit and love the stand, very comfortable, easy to use and quiet. They are great stands, but pretty much everyone I talk to who has owned both a Summit and Lone Wolf tell me if money is no issue go with a Lone Wolf. The new Alph sit and climb has a much better seat design than the older models, it will be my next climber when I have the extra cash.

I too have the sumit SS vipor and have no reason to try anything else. You won't be disappointed!!!! EZ to take apart for set up and EZ to put back together in the dark when your heading out. Very sturdy and almost to comfortable if you know what I mean!!!! Another good point when your at Ripley watching people lug stands and climber sticks through the woods you will be there tossing the summit on your back like a pack sack with all your gear attached to it and off you go!!!! Your in your stand while the others are making all kinds of noise setting theirs up. Bucks will be heading your way!!!! : )