• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro Lottery

blarkey

For what lottery? If you're asking about MBRB, then some of the drawings have been done already and you can check by logging in to your account. I'm not sure what other metro lotteries there are?

Some of the hunts have been picked last week for the MBRB.

Indeed. I was drawn as a primary for Poplar Lake. I was hoping most for Crosby Farm (in my neighborhood), but Poplar seems like it should be a good one.

Is there anyone else on this site that also has been drawn this year for a MBRB hunt?

All right! So we have at least 3 FM'ers each at a different MBRB hunt. Good luck to all. Hope there are more, and maybe even some of us will get the same hunt.

I enjoyed getting to know some of the other hunters at Turtle Lake last year and found it was a better experience when we worked together and communicated. Maybe some of us will get the same hunt and be able to help each other be successful?

I totally agree that MBRB would be more productive if guys would share more. I've gotten to know quite a few guys and have many of them in my cell phone if I have a question or need help.

If you guys are sharpshooter there is a good chance we will cross paths. That being said, I've been doing MBRB for 3 years witha buddy and we haven't been drawn on the same hunt yet.

Has any body heard about anoka county parks yet?
Just Found out today that I got in the rice creek hunt, but I also want to hunt a rifle hunt up north that just went to a lottery do you have to by a tag to get in the lottery? I don't want to be stuck to have to either get only a doe with the bow so I can still fill the rifle tag with a buck.

what happened to shorewood and oakdale? they were not listed on the hunts page when i checked tonight?

They're taken off the page the day they do the drawing. This happened to me when I was drawn. They should go back on in a day or so.

I was drawn for Gale Woods (looking for some HOT TIPS ok?) and also for the Rice Creek chain o' lakes anoka county parks hunt. My 16 year old brother-in-law was also drawn... should be a good time.

Blarkey we should meet up for the hunt - would be good to know a few folks to cover more ground.

Bummed about not getting shorewood / oakdale though.

Oh well. I did get one hunt so we'll see how the last couple hunt draws shake out.

Which one did you get? As I said earlier, I'm doing Poplar Lake. I'm hoping for a Sharpshooter as well as maybe an alternate for Crosby (crossing my fingers all day tomorrow).

Sorry Nugefan, I guess I didn't see that. Congrats Powerstroke and good luck!

WaitForit, I would be very grateful for any tips you may be willing to give. I spent a half day there two weeks ago scouting the area, but I don't know the access points, zones, buffers from homes, etc., so I'm a bit unsure. I'm #13 of 30 so I should get my first pick, which will be weekends 1&3 as I'm taking a relative from Sweden hunting Weekend 4. I was planning to rely on the Hunt Coordinator for advice, but I would like to be somewhat knowledgeable going in. If you want, you can email me directly at *b*r*u*n*n*e*r*b*@comcast.net (if you remove the *'s--I wrote it that way to avoid spambots.)

Thats would be great two heads are always beter then one

I was drawn for Gale Woods (looking for some HOT TIPS ok?) and also for the Rice Creek chain o' lakes anoka county parks hunt. My 16 year old brother-in-law was also drawn... should be a good time.

Blarkey we should meet up for the hunt - would be good to know a few folks to cover more ground.

Bummed about not getting shorewood / oakdale though.

BradB, Tips sent - hope there is something in there you can use.

Blarkey what is your email? I started with my aerial map research and have already targeted a few areas that look promising from 10,000 feet.

I probably won't think about getting out there until early Oct because I'll be pretty busy with my own hunts and I'm also mentoring a youth hunter as I mentioned.. I hope we both have one in the freezer before the anoka county park hunt starts!