• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rims and tires

jimmy40

I know it has been discussed here before but I was wondering what size rims and tires I could put on my 06 sportsman 500efi, it has the factory rims and tires on it right now. I don't want to put spacers on it and i like the swamp lite tires. Any help, thanks in advance, jimmy40.

I just bought 26x12-12 swamplites[back] 26x10-12[front] for my 02 kodiak 400. They are on ITP SS wheels. No spacers were needed as they are offset. I am extremely happy with this set up. Ive put about 1500 miles on them and have only noticed a few draw backs. 1. probally should have got the 25" tires as they can be a bit much for a 400 at times. Sometimes have to use low gear to get over big logs etc. 2. As they are offset they throw alot of mud on you!! Often times its fun but sometimes its nice to go for a ride and not get covered in mud. 3.Would recomend getting the 9" wide front tires. The 10" are a workout after a day of trail riding. I see no reason why you could not get at least this size tire, but I am not familliar with polaris suspension or fender clearance etc. Hope this helps. I'm sure others will have recomendations

I have Swamplites on my Polaris. I like them them just fine. For the type of riding we have around here they work very well. They make a 9" width for the front that will work on the stock rim. You may have to flip the tie rod ends over to allow slightly more clearance from the sidewall. Any size will work on the rear. I have 9x27 on the front and 12x27 on the rear. If I had to do it all over I would have stayed with the 26 inch diameter. Swamplites have a larger diameter than most tires and the 27 inch is closer to 28 inches when inflated at 4.5 psi. Can't beat them for the price.

thanks for your input, I am fairly new to atv, what size rims would u put on them, I'm thinking I would go 9 x26 and 12x26 swamplites, Will I have to worry about a rubbing issue if I go that size? thanks in advance jimmmy40

Almost all rims are 7" wide except for Vision brand which also come in an 8" wide. Your stock rims will work. If you go to an after market wheel they will have a little more offset than stock and will give more clearance up front. The drawback is the tires will stick out from the fenders and throw up lots of mud. I have a set of Visions on mine. 7x12 frt. and 8x12 rear. The 9" and 12"x 26 Swamplites will be a good choice.

I know a few people running swapmlites 9x27x14 Fronts and 12x27x14 rears on their 2007 Sportsman 700's they have been happy with them thus far. They had their machines out in SD with us and the tires fair just fine with the extremely rocky terrain.

I know they paid under $500 for wheels and tires back in April on a monthly special.