• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Annual Mille Lacs Fall Frenzy - Oct 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

Boy, where has the summer gone?

With Labor Day Weekend just around the corner it is once again time for fishing to start heating up again, and no where does it get any better than Mille Lacs in the fall.

We are inviting all FM'ers up for a little fishing and fun for the 2nd Annual Fall Frenzy held here at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay. This is one event that you do not want to miss. Whether you are a diehard troller, or a first-timer, this is the event for you.

What follows is a tentative agenda for the weekend.

Friday:

3:00 - 5:00 check-in, followed by a meet and greet

5:00 - 6:00 Trolling Seminar and Tactics

6:00 - 7:00 Taco Bar

7:00 - ???? Let the trolling frenzy begin

Saturday:

AM - Breakfast on your own and then open morning

4:30 - 6:00 Open BBQ and [PoorWordUsage] Session

7:00 - ???? Time to implement everything that we learned

Sunday:

AM - Breakfast on your own and then open fishing

2:00 - Checkout

Cost is $100 per person for the weekend.

Call now for further details and to get your group registered for this event.

Dude, you know I am so there. I can't wait to get up there for this get together again. Last year was a blast. For anyone that doesn't know, when Paul says "Taco Bar" on Friday, he means a five star out of this world experience. This guy puts on a show. Everyone that can make it, should. There will be a ton of staff members there and a bunch of guys that really know what they are doing when it comes to trolling for pig eyes.

Paul that is one good deal $100 bucks for the weekend and some great B.S. to boot LOL.I sure would like to join in on this im going to be in Walker 3 days befor that friday but one thing i wont have is a boat.So im not to sure if a guy can get in with someone or not but would be willing to throw my hat in on being there if someone would happen to have a open seat.

Hey Paul,

Just called and left a message....

Jackie and I had a great time LY and are looking at heading up Thursday afternoon to get a jump start on fishing and relaxing and I'd be around to help ya out Friday in the day as well.

I'm heading up to Leech for the week tomorrow, so if for some reason we don't hook up mark me for a spot for two and the early night as well.

Should be a blast! Oh yeah, Jackie wants to propose a "Women's Division" for the biggest 'eye as well!

Chris

651-247-4699

mnfishinguy, there are usually a few open seats for the fishing up there. I am hopping in with Boilerguy this year. Keep an eye on the board here and if someone has an open seat they will post it up. It is certainly a time you do not want to miss. And if it comes down to it, Paul also has a couple of boats up there for rentals too, but I highly doubt it would go that far.

I don't need an open seat, just wondering if the place will have any rooms available or not. I have two different weekends that are available to me for the great fall trolling but I can only pick one and can't make that choice yet (waiting for the wifes MBA schedule).

This sounds like a blast!crazy I've only fished Mille Lacs once and it was on a launch. I've always wanted to fish it for "real". How's the lake in Oct. for a 14ft fishing boat? Suicide for a rookie at boat handling? Or should I just forget it and find an open seat? When it says "get your group registered for this event", can someone go solo?

So just call 320-676-8834 to reserve?

I've been looking forward to this event since we had the first one last year. It's a great event and Appledoorns is an awesome setting for it. Paul really goes out of his way to take care of everyone and pull off an outstanding get-together. The fishing isn't bad either grin

Originally Posted By: Paul Waldowski

This sounds like a blast!crazy I've only fished Mille Lacs once and it was on a launch. I've always wanted to fish it for "real". How's the lake in Oct. for a 14ft fishing boat? Suicide for a rookie at boat handling? Or should I just forget it and find an open seat? When it says "get your group registered for this event", can someone go solo?

So just call 320-676-8834 to reserve?

Patti I would suggest you look for an open seat, the weather on Mille Lacs can change very fast and your small boat would not be very safe.

For whatever reason, this shows up as one of my posts but

not here.

Ok....reservation made. It was nice talking to you Paul.

Looking forward to meeting you so I'm trying again.

As recommended I won't be bringing my 14 ft. boat so I will be looking for an open seat.

I do have references from FM'ers...the Annandale GTG and the Womens GTG at Lake Osakis.

I so wanted to make this trip this year but i found out this morning i will be going from Walker after 2 days there and heading straight back home and off to a my gal's parents house in Iowa for a family gtg man i just cant win when it comes to these great gtg with the best folks on this site and walleye wisdom that will be there.Just want to wish u all a wounderful time and a thanks to Paul for the great things he does for us on this site. Come the winter GTG im so there even if i become single again LOL.

Just talked to Paul and reserved our spot's. I'm pretty pumped I have fished Mille Lacs alot in the past but never the fall trolling bite so it should be fun. We are looking for another person to ride up from the Mankato area with us but if we don't find anyone we would have an open seat.

This was a fantastic event last year. If you've never been to Appeldoorns you need to come to experience the top-notch service from Paul and the rest of the resort. You've all seen the "boat launching service" a la tractor and the fall weather can't be beat. I think someone mentioned the food so.....the rest is up to you. I think the largest fish was a 27"r last year....not too shabby.

I'm not positive if I cna make it again this year, but I'm gonna really try hard. I have to rearrange some work stuff.

Originally Posted By: hanson
What were you drinking again last year Dietz? Blue Moon w/ an orange slice? wink

I tried to give him a hard time about that, but he just took the little umbrella out of the bottle neck and kept on drinking.

Oh poor Deitz... wink